Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Press Release about the Strasburg Mini (sorry)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
So sorry for the new thread, but we have new information...

This came from Topps PR today.

CONFIRMATION OF STRASBURG’S ALLEN & GINTER CARD

Topps is confirming that Stephen Strasburg’s Allen & Ginter base mini card (# 401) falls at the same rate as any one base mini card in the product. The difference between Strasburg and the other subjects in the base mini set is that Strasburg’s card does not have any parallels (Allen & Ginter Back, Black Bordered, No Number, Bazooka Back, Silk, Wood and Printing Plate).

In addition, there are a limited number of Strasburg autographed cards available in the product. They can be found via redemption and one (along with a copy of every other autograph in 2010 Allen & Ginter) will be given to the person who cracks this year’s Ginter Code.

Strasburg’s base mini card and autographed card can be found in both hobby and retail boxes.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
What are they smoking over there, do they think we are dumb? This just isn't the case. A guy opened 25 cases
and didn't pull one, he pulled several copies of every other mini. Topps doesn't even know what is in its products.

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008
Just drove by Walmart and there are 10 pack searchers camped out with tents in anticipation of the retail release j/k

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Jeff N. said:

That is great, but that wasn't what he was saying before the product hit. The guy said it WASN"T an SP. He
flat out lied, but so many collectors these days have the IQ of wood, that it doesn't bother most.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
schmidtfan20 said:

That is great, but that wasn't what he was saying before the product hit. The guy said it WASN"T an SP. He
flat out lied, but so many collectors these days have the IQ of wood, that it doesn't bother most.

Topps Before Release: Not an SP.

Topps after release on FB page: SP.

Topps Press Release as a few hours ago: Not an SP.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Jeff N. said:
schmidtfan20 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":za30y1i1]

Topps Press Release as a few hours ago: Not an SP.[/quote:za30y1i1]

either way if its an sp or not by my calculations if its not an sp there is still probably under 800 of these made, so still very limited

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Jeff N. said:
schmidtfan20 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":ascskbms]

Topps Press Release as a few hours ago: Not an SP.[/quote:ascskbms]

Topps Twitter 19 hours ago: SP.

"So now I've been told the Strasburg A&G minis were short printed. This is news to a lot of people around here. Sorry for the confusion.
about 19 hours ago via TweetDeck"

A_Pharis

Maybe the only one wrong was the guy posting stuff for them on FB, and he's the one telling other reps there that it is SP. If that is the case, only 1 person is wrong, and BNB are just a victim of bad collation.

crying-baby-giant-eyes.jpg
6a00d8341c94c853ef01116855aea2970c-800wi.jpg

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
I believe them when they say it wasnt a short print. But what they really should be saying is,

"Sorry, we realized that the cases that were shipped to distributors were packaged before Strasburg was added to the product. Please go to your local card store and pay ridiculous mark ups for direct orders from Topps."

I've heard of Hobby/Retail exclusive, but it sounds like this is a card store exclusive. What a joke.

Members online

Latest posts