Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Received 2 Autos from UD as apology for 2009 Mystery Cuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rimcdonald

May 22, 2010
I submitted my 2009 Mystery Cut redemption on June 26 2009. Yes, over a year ago! Today I received two "apology" cards and a letter from Upper Deck. It stated they were sorry for the delay and that these cards were not replacement cards. They are still working on the Mystery Cuts. The cards are both from 2009 Signature Series. 1 is Matt Garza #138 auto and other is Brent Lillibridge Impressions Auto.

rimcdonald

May 22, 2010
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised. I doubt anyone is dying to get there hands on either card, but you can't beat 2 free autos.

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
rimcdonald said:
I submitted my 2009 Mystery Cut redemption on June 26 2009. Yes, over a year ago! Today I received two "apology" cards and a letter from Upper Deck. It stated they were sorry for the delay and that these cards were not replacement cards. They are still working on the Mystery Cuts. The cards are both from 2009 Signature Series. 1 is Matt Garza #138 auto and other is Brent Lillibridge Impressions Auto.

So they sent you two cards that are probably worth $5 combined as a good-will gesture for royally messing up and taking over one year (and counting) to fulfill your 2009 Mystery Cuts redemption and you're thanking them?!

I'd be pissed off at UD for insulting your intelligence. That's like waiting online for two days for good concert tickets only to be told that they're sold out, but we'll give you two tickets to see the local high school play as a thank-you for waiting on line for two days.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Crash Davis said:
rimcdonald said:

So they sent you two cards that are probably worth $5 combined as a good-will gesture for royally messing up and taking over one year (and counting) to fulfill your 2009 Mystery Cuts redemption and you're thanking them?!

I'd be pissed off at UD for insulting your intelligence. That's like waiting online for two days for good concert tickets only to be told that they're sold out, but we'll give you two tickets to see the local high school play as a thank-you for waiting on line for two days.

You didn't have to wait in line, and they didn't have to offer you the tickets to the high school play.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
Crash Davis said:
rimcdonald said:

first, it was a gesture to keep the peace, not replacement cards. if they were replacements then yes, be pissed. i'll drop upper deck a line for you and tell them not to send any "nice gesture" cards if they are not a 1/1 babe ruth topps sterling button card

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Crash Davis said:
rimcdonald said:

They didn't have to send anything "extra", even though they did mess up.

Second, I would be happy with a free Matt Garza autograph (assuming he does get the cut).

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
Crash Davis said:
rimcdonald said:

More then Topps is doing for those who busted thousands of dollars worth of Ginter and pulled 0 Strasburg minis

The cards arent worth much but its still a nice gesture

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
thenumberonemetfan said:
Crash Davis said:
rimcdonald said:

More then Topps is doing for those who busted thousands of dollars worth of Ginter and pulled 0 Strasburg minis

The cards arent worth much but its still a nice gesture

You mean they weren't GUARANTEED a Strasburg auto?

Those bastards.

(This UD situation is COMPLETELY different than the Topps situation. He was sending in a redemption for a card. He was busting boxes/cases HOPING to receive a certain card).