Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The all forgotten prospect Starting Rotation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TraderJake

Aug 7, 2008
Thought I would try and put together the current starting rotation of once hyped prospects who have gotten lost in Strasmania: (players like Josh Johnson and Ubaldo Jiminez are excluded because they never really achieved the pre debut hype that the others on the list got) Who am I missing?

Ace: David Price
2nd: Clay Buchholz
3rd: Phil Hughes
4th: Mike Pelfrey
5th: Jeff Niemann

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Add Jered Weaver to that list because people seem to have forgotten about him, yet for close to 5 years, he has been a top-10 pitcher in the AL.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Buchholz was never really a hyped prospect. He threw the no-hitter in his 2nd or 3rd MLB start, but there wasn't a ton of fuss surrounding it like with Price.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I can't understand how you can say that Hughes, Price, and Bucholz were forgotten. To who?

A better suited player for the discussion would be Brandon Morrow, along with Niemann.

How about Trevor cahill, Gio Gonzalez, Ricky Romero, etc.

skrip

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
ballerskrip said:
I can't understand how you can say that Hughes, Price, and Bucholz were forgotten. To who?

A better suited player for the discussion would be Brandon Morrow, along with Niemann.

How about Trevor cahill, Gio Gonzalez, Ricky Romero, etc.

skrip

His original list is more of a fantasy baseball / tv baseball type list. I can definitely see it but it's not a "prospectors" list.

At least Bucholz, Hughes and Price had off years versus Tommy Hanson?

Members online

Latest posts