Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Long Term Value of HOF Patches

What will the long term value of HOF patches from Prime Cuts and Sterling be?

• Gradually increase in value

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
All the HOF Patches from Prime Cuts and Sterling have got me thinking.

Some of these patches, Robinson, Gehrig, Paige, Clemente and more are just gorgeous. What are your thoughts on the long term value of these patches, vote in the poll and use the thread to discuss!

walter55

Aug 7, 2008
I started buying HOF and retired player patches in 2004 and they have done nothing but gone up.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
walter55 said:
I started buying HOF and retired player patches in 2004 and they have done nothing but gone up.

It seems to me that there are two cases, #1 a guy like Tony Gwynn who probably has a huge supply of patches out there, #2 a guy like Satchel Paige who has very very few patches out there. #2 would be a good candidate for appreciation...#1 not so much.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
I haven't had much experience in the HOF patch area. I just started buying them with this years Prime Cuts, but it does seem like they tend to go up if you buy the older players. A lot of the more current HOFer patches decrease over time though.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
chuckbartowski said:
I haven't had much experience in the HOF patch area. I just started buying them with this years Prime Cuts, but it does seem like they tend to go up if you buy the older players. A lot of the more current HOFer patches decrease over time though.

The ones in your sig are awesome, I mean, how many more Paige cards will there be like that? There just can't be that many, there aren't enough jerseys to cut up.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
masonphillip said:
chuckbartowski said:

The ones in your sig are awesome, I mean, how many more Paige cards will there be like that? There just can't be that many, there aren't enough jerseys to cut up.

Prime Cuts has a limited number of Paige patches. The one in my sig is numbered 1/3. I've seen another subset numbered to 10, and a couple of 1/1s. We'll see in the couple of years how this set does since it's not licensed. I plan on keeping mine so hopefully long term monetary value won't matter much.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
I think the long term value will decrease but not too much. These card companies will continue to put out patch cards of rare HOF guys until they go out of business. I just depends on wether the demand is still there. I look at these patch cards and say to myself i have to buy a few and then i refrain, knowing that next year something bigger and better will come out. There are a couple sets/cards that wont do anything but go up (sweet spot HOF patches, sterling jumbo HOF patches, absolute update jumbo HOF patches) im just not sure about this fad of names and numbers being made into patches having demand forever. But i may be wrong. Either way if you collect to collect then there shouldnt be a problem.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Up, up, and away!! I can't believe some of the prices for the jumbo patches on ebay. I'm not a patch collector (yet) but just doing some window shopping is an eye opener :shock:

I think HOF patches in general, no matter recent or older players, will continue to go up as the years go by. Eventually even more recent players jerseys will begin to dry up, there may be more patches out there of them, but they will still begin to be scarce at some point.

Members online

Latest posts