Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What pisses me off about Matt Kemp....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marterburn

...is that he is motivated by this benching crap. This is not the first time he's he benched then came back hot. Why can't he just be motivated all the time? What he's said in the media doesn't really jive with his performance, either.....

ah well, I guess I shouldn't really complain. I'm happy he's removed his head from his ass.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I can't figure him out either. It seems like the rumors about him are turning out to be true and that's NOT a good thing. I just hope he straightens his head out and can really focus on what he is doing....tons of potential there.

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
I have cashed out on the guy he is lazy. The Dodgers are in deep crap right now with the McCourts divorce so maybe they should just trade him and Martin load up on prospects and get a little rebuilding going on. Loney, Ethier, Kemp, Dewitt, Kershaw, Billingsley, Borxton are all good and maybe ship Kemp and martin to fill the other gaps with young guys or top prospects.

marterburn

vetsgt02 said:
I have cashed out on the guy he is lazy. The Dodgers are in deep crap right now with the McCourts divorce so maybe they should just trade him and Martin load up on prospects and get a little rebuilding going on. Loney, Ethier, Kemp, Dewitt, Kershaw, Billingsley, Borxton are all good and maybe ship Kemp and martin to fill the other gaps with young guys or top prospects.

Your're certainly never gonig to get me to agree that he's lazy, although I see where it comes from certainly. It just seems that his focus lapses and there is no easy fix to it.

It makes no sense to trade him. He signed a two-year contract this January and the Dodgers are by all means still contending.

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
marterburn said:
vetsgt02 said:

Your're certainly never gonig to get me to agree that he's lazy, although I see where it comes from certainly. It just seems that his focus lapses and there is no easy fix to it.

It makes no sense to trade him. He signed a two-year contract this January and the Dodgers are by all means still contending.

I am saying more consider trade him at the end of his contract so by next seasons deadline if he does nto get his stuff together. I love the guy but I am so disappointed in him it is unreal. The Dodgers are contenders to when the NL West but they are in no way contenders to make it to the NLCS or further. I am a huge Dodger fan but this team is dysfunctional and show very little hope of being a true "contender"

FromKoufaxtoEdwin

Aug 15, 2008
marterburn said:
...is that he is motivated by this benching crap. This is not the first time he's he benched then came back hot. Why can't he just be motivated all the time? What he's said in the media doesn't really jive with his performance, either.....

ah well, I guess I shouldn't really complain. I'm happy he's removed his head from his ass.

Or maybe major league baseball is just a really freaking hard thing to be good at and he just had a crappy three months. Nobody was more disappointed in Kemp's all-around play than I am, but we cant pinpoint the reasons why he struggled and why he has had a decent 4 games since being put back in the lineup. It's also entirely possible that he got off to a rough start in the field, tried to make up for it by trying to too hard and just got himself into a rut. That happens all of the time to big leaguers, and we all have to remember that Kemp has only been a serious baseball player for 7 years. Slumps have nothing to do with laziness, motivation, or not trying hard. Matt really wants to win and he really wants to be good, and he works really hard at his craft. He has had an awful season this year, but putting that on him not being motivated is not fair to him. Being consistent at this game at the highest level is so incredibly hard to do, and maybe, just maybe, he got stuck in a bad place and needed the days off to get his head back together.

MAC16

Jul 29, 2009
In regards to the Kemp talk, initially I thought it would be insane for the Dodger's to even consider it. Then I found out some information that makes it a definite possibility...

Kemp, Billingsley, Ethier, Russell Martin, and Loney all are eligible for free agency after the 2012 season.

That said, the Dodger's can't keep them all. The Braves & Dodger's match up really well in a deal for Kemp. They have our biggest need and we have their needs. The Dodger's will HAVE to have pitching to stay competitive in the NLW....especially with SF and SD. They'll likely be "forced" into retaining Billingsly and I see them making a hard push to keep Either and Loney. If Kemp really is out of favor in LA, then they might as well see what they can get for him.

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
Trade value for Kemp would be huge right now and it will be high next season as well but it will be through the roof right now. Dodgers need to get upgrades a catcher and pitcher. Heck might even be able to work out a deal for Prince Fielder if Kemp is in the deal and that would be HUGE.

MAC16

Jul 29, 2009
vetsgt02 said:
Trade value for Kemp would be huge right now and it will be high next season as well but it will be through the roof right now. Dodgers need to get upgrades a catcher and pitcher. Heck might even be able to work out a deal for Prince Fielder if Kemp is in the deal and that would be HUGE.
the whole point in trading kemp would be to relieve some salary cap so getting prince fielder wouldn't do that. if they trade kemp it will be for prospects.. mike minor, randall delgado. maybe a package built around minor?

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
southeastjerome said:
Ya he is frustrating to watch since has has all the talent in the world. Another HR and 2 RBI last night.

these great games have came against the Dbags so I think they are a false positive. Do not get me wrong I love Kemp as much as the next Dodger fan but I am beyond frustrated with this team, the GM, the ownership, and most of the players.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
I havent really followed him too much this year, but I just took a look at his stats and hes on pace for close to 30 hrs and 100 rbi.
His average is so-so, and he has a lot of strikeouts but what exactly has been his problem???

Most teams would kill for a 25 y/o with those #'s.
And admittedly you guys are saying we havent even seen the best.

I am not trying to be a smartass, but I just dont know what exactly the complaints about him are.

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
JzWand said:
I havent really followed him too much this year, but I just took a look at his stats and hes on pace for close to 30 hrs and 100 rbi.
His average is so-so, and he has a lot of strikeouts but what exactly has been his problem???

I am not trying to be a smartass, but I just dont know what exactly the complaints about him are.

His stats are inflated a little. he started the season off on fire with 10-14 HR's when he was protected in the lineup by Manny when Manny went on the DL the first time Kemp fell apart and at one point I think he K'ed in something like 7 straight at bats. Also his fielding performance has been pretty mediocre this season. Hopefully he was just in a month and a half long slump and now he is back on track but a player should be able to get it together without being benched.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
vetsgt02 said:
JzWand said:

His stats are inflated a little. he started the season off on fire with 10-14 HR's when he was protected in the lineup by Manny when Manny went on the DL the first time Kemp fell apart and at one point I think he K'ed in something like 7 straight at bats. Also his fielding performance has been pretty mediocre this season. Hopefully he was just in a month and a half long slump and now he is back on track but a player should be able to get it together without being benched.
Doesn't he have ethier to protect him too?

Members online

Latest posts