Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Congrats to Jim Thome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Pine Tar said:
bongo870 said:
Sweet !!!!!! Such a great guy too!
Hey if you TTM him he will sign almost anything he gets in the mail to sign.

Or his sister will. It's rumored on ttm sites he has a ghost signer for a lot of ttm stuff.

Yeah, they showed Killer on video after Thome went ahead of him. Short and sweet. Pretty cool, it was fox game in my market.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Great news for Jim! cant believe so many people doubt his chances of making the HOF

I don't doubt his chances at all, I just do not think he belongs. He is a one dimensional player. And if you are going to punish all of the steriods guys, I am pretty confident he used early on. He never ran well, can't play the field, can't hit for average. One trick pony in my book. He will make the Hall no doubt though because he is a fan favorite, and that is all that matters.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
bodiaz said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Great news for Jim! cant believe so many people doubt his chances of making the HOF

I don't doubt his chances at all, I just do not think he belongs. He is a one dimensional player. And if you are going to punish all of the steriods guys, I am pretty confident he used early on. He never ran well, can't play the field, can't hit for average. One trick pony in my book. He will make the Hall no doubt though because he is a fan favorite, and that is all that matters.

but the guy has a better on-base than Ricky Henderson, Tony Gywnn, Ichiro... so the guy does get on. its not like hes the all-or-nothing to the level Reynolds is.

even if he was 1d, doing the most important one is cool in my book.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
He might be a one-trick pony but the one-trick he mastered was the most important and the most awe-inspiring. And yes, he played in the steroid era but until there is PROOF, like there has been for hundreds of players in this tainted era (including the "best of all time" - Bonds, Manny, Palmiero, Sosa, McGwire) - he's innocent.

bodiaz said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:

Members online