Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So what did we learn at UFC 116?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Well, what did we all learn at UFC 116?

Number one thing..............................Brock Lesnar can take a punch and persevere.

Many people........EVEN ME!........questioned Brock's chin. I thought it was suspect. But Carwin was able to land great powerful shots tonight and he couldn't finish Brock, even when he had Brock on his back.

So maybe the people who like to bash Brock can quit with the 'he can't take a punch' ********. And I'll admit, and was pretty vocal about it before the fight that I was worried about Carwin's punching power.

But now, people will be looking at Cain as the next brown hope, and well I have news for you..........Cain doesn't have the power that Shane possesses, and he doesn't have anywhere near as good of a ground game as Brock. So I don't see it being much of a contest.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
That you will never shut up about Lesnar????

He's beatable. Everyone is. And he'll get beat soon enough.
50-50 chance win you step in the Octagon. He's not god. Just a big freakin' dude, that is STILL learning the game.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Brock's chin hadn't been tested, but I still think that Brock's biggest weakness will be someone like a prime Nog. Someone who can take a punch and lock in a sub. Brock's legs are BEGGING to be twisted.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
We learned that Dana White has told referees that they are not to put a stop to a fight when their big name is in the ring getting pummeled.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Seriously. NOT stopping that fight is as bad as any the the recent bad judges decisions.

Brock lost that fight.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
He took a few good punches but I still think his chin is GARBAGE. Once he got hit hard, he crumpled up on the mat and survived due to dana not wanting the refs to stop.
Face it...If they rematch...Brock will get knocked out.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
lol how many wins will it take for people to stop hating on brock? 10..15...20?

and to the people saying the fight should have been called...ARE YOU SERIOUS? The sport has already become weak with all the rules put in place, these championship bouts should go untill someone taps or is knocked out, if this was fedor people would be praising his ability to take punches and the refs knowledge of knowing he wasnt hurt by the punches, give me break

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Bosox3 said:
He took a few good punches but I still think his chin is GARBAGE. Once he got hit hard, he crumpled up on the mat and survived due to dana not wanting the refs to stop.
Face it...If they rematch...Brock will get knocked out.

and no he wouldnt get knocked out in a rematch because he would take him down to the ground and not even mess around with carwins stand up power

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
We learned that Dana White has told referees that they are not to put a stop to a fight when their big name is in the ring getting pummeled.

well why would they stop it? people pay 50 dollars to watch a person actually WIN a fight, how much bad publicity would have this fight gotten if he would have called the fight with brock getting up completely fine?

Go back to old school ufc 1 rules, only two rules no gauging and no biting

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Well I knew, and it was obvious beforehand, that all the Lesnar haters would go out of their way to find SOMETHING to discredit a Brock Lesnar win.

Jesus ******* Christ people, give it a rest.

Give the Devil his due and stop making ******* excuses.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
This Brock hating is getting worse that the Fedor nut licking. At no Point was Brock not intelligently defending himself. As soon as Carwin gassed Brock exploded out from guard so how can you say that the fight should have been stopped. As far as Cain Velásquez, Brock is better at every single aspect of Velásquez's game. I see that fight going similar to this fight.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
kdailey4315 said:
This Brock hating is getting worse that the Fedor nut licking. At no Point was Brock not intelligently defending himself. As soon as Carwin gassed Brock exploded out from guard so how can you say that the fight should have been stopped. As far as Cain Velásquez, Brock is better at every single aspect of Velásquez's game. I see that fight going similar to this fight.

The hating is getting completely retarded.

Brock was taking punishment, but he wasn't anywhere near being finished. If Carwin could have landed a couple more clean powerful shots, he may have been able to TKO him, but Brock did a great job of defending himself on the ground. When he had his hands up covering his face, I believe the ref told him a few times that he would stop it, and he'd drop his hands and move around trying to advance his position.

There was no time in the fight where these people are bitching about it should have been stopped, where Brock wasn't intelligently defending himself.

But anything to hate on Brock and discredit him in any way.

I was worried as **** that the fight was going to be stopped in the first, but Brock weathered it.

And these people saying that Dana had the refs not stop it, yadda yadda, come on. One, Dana doesn't have anything to do with the refs or judges. Two, this isn't pro wrestling.

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
i personality didn't see where Brock wasn't defending himself. if that Jon Jones/Hamill fight wasn't stopped after 20 straight elbows to the face (yes, it was stopped after Jones said screw it and broke out the 12-6 elbows after the 20 legal ones) then this fight shouldn't have been. I've seen far too many fights lately that have been stopped way too soon and guys get up perfectly fine and are complaining about how they weren't hurt or were still protecting themselves. It would have been differently if he was just laying there taking them to the chin or not protecting himself but obviously, he shot up with no issues and was fine. They have to have fights be finished without question instead of where a guy staggers back and the ref is jumping in to stop it.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I will give Lesnar his due,he was rocked and never panicked and won the fight.I didn't think he was capable of choking out Carwin and he did.He also answered the question about his chin,he can take a punch and that is for sure.

Cain has NO shot of beating Lesnar unless he gets lucky.

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto
Like they said, I watched the fight again and there is no point where Brock was not intelligently defending himself. He had his hands up covering up and was trying to change position when the ref told him he'd stop the fight. To say the fight should have been stopped is bs. When they stopped the Mir/Lesnar fight Mir was basically motionless against the cage after being pounded on. You can take what you want from the fight and discredit Brock's win, but if you look at the fight again the ref made the right call in letting it go. Aside from that, Brock proved he can take a punch but really needs to work on his standup, he looked pretty bad out there.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
yankeefan812 said:
Like they said, I watched the fight again and there is no point where Brock was not intelligently defending himself. He had his hands up covering up and was trying to change position when the ref told him he'd stop the fight. To say the fight should have been stopped is bs. When they stopped the Mir/Lesnar fight Mir was basically motionless against the cage after being pounded on. You can take what you want from the fight and discredit Brock's win, but if you look at the fight again the ref made the right call in letting it go. Aside from that, Brock proved he can take a punch but really needs to work on his standup, he looked pretty bad out there.

Frank Mir fell down when he tried to stand up after the ref stopped it. He was on dream street when that fight was stopped. Same thing with the Couture fight, he fell over when he tried getting up. Those two fights should have been stopped. This one, Brock never was in that situation. He was constantly moving and trying to avoid the punches and advance his position.

These people saying the fight should have been stopped are just looking for excuses to discredit Brock Lesnar in any way they can. Which is exactly what all of these people do when Brock wins. They always find something to point out about the fight or the post fight to slam Brock about. And it's happened after EVERY one of his fights.

Before this fight I enjoyed a thread on Sherdog. It was a 'what will be said when Brock beats Carwin' yadda yadda. There were a bunch of good ones.

But there was one about after he beats Carwin, people will say he hasn't beat Cain or Dos Santos.

Well, he's got Cain next. And I don't see Cain beating him.

Then he'll have the winner of Dos Santos vs Roy Nelson. And that's a toss up for me. I wouldn't be surprised if Roy actually wins that fight.

So what's Brock have to do to shut these people up???

What if he beats Cain, then Dos Santos? What are people going to be saying then?

This will NEVER stop.

Brock could win his next 20 fights in a row and retire the UFC Undisputed Champion defeating all comers, even Fedor, and these people would still be bashing Brock to no end.

It's ridiculous.

dherm360

Mar 30, 2010
I saw a stat-power punches Carwin 75 Lesner 2-I had no problem with them not stopping it

I learned from watching that Leben is absolutely a tough Son of a Bitch. He was out on his feet but keep moving forward and striking-I was impressed. Now he can take a punch

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
dherm360 said:
I saw a stat-power punches Carwin 75 Lesner 2-I had no problem with them not stopping it

I learned from watching that Leben is absolutely a tough Son of a Bitch. He was out on his feet but keep moving forward and striking-I was impressed. Now he can take a punch

I hate Leben, but he impressed the Hell out of me. I couldn't believe it.

I am happy for him. Taking the fight on short notice and WINNING. It was incredible to see.

I still don't like him, but I would never discredit his victory over Sexyama.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Sam Banks said:
Well I knew, and it was obvious beforehand, that all the Lesnar haters would go out of their way to find SOMETHING to discredit a Brock Lesnar win.

Jesus ******* Christ people, give it a rest.

Give the Devil his due and stop making ******* excuses.

Why dont you just blow him and get it over with? If you didn't want to hear the hate, you wouldn't have make this thread, but you clearly get off on it.

Enjoy your ****** Sam.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
I'm not a Lesner fan, but I don't think they should stop any championship fight until the dude is out. Instead of predicting what might happen let it actually happen. I hate when fights are called, and the guy gets up without a problem and complains. A ref can tell when a guy is totally out and not moving.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts