Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

3 up 3 down. Lets hear yours

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
So I was thinking the other day about my inventory coming into the season. I was excited about the cards I had and how I thought i'd be able to make some decent money on them. With that being said like every year there have been some surprises.

3 up (three cards that I made a nice profit on that I really didn't expect)

1. Mike Leake- I did really well on all his cards couple nice USA and sterling autos in five dollar boxes and flipped them for 30 a piece. Got an orange for 100 and flipped it for 215. but the best was this
ToppsMikeLeake.png
Bought for 40 and flipped it for 185. Could've made much more on the Leake's, but didn't expect him to do this well.

2. Brennan Boesch- I expected nothing out of him. I got a bowman chroem auto for 4 bucks and flipped it for a quick 40. I see them hitting 60 now, but I am still happy with the profit
Brenenchromeauto.png

3. Austin Jackson- Going with the Tiger theme here. I loved AJAX, but I thought with the trade from the Yankees his cards were unsaveable, but really performance was everything for him. I picked this one up for 40 after the trade and was able to sell it for 150. They topped out at 230, but still was surprised by my profit.
AustinJacksonblue.png

3 Down
Here are three cards of three different players that I am into for next to nothing. I thought I would make a KILLING on these cards, but so far they have flopped.

1. Kyle Blanks- Even with him in Petco park I was expecting massive power numbers out of him. He had one of the highest home run to AB a season ago and I just thought he would drive in a TON of runs. He has underperformed, struck out a ton, and has been hurt.
KyleBlanks.jpg

2. Brian Mastuz- I thought he would win the rookie of the year. His first couple starts were dynamite, but I never got much of a look on this card. I thought I would, but got an offer of 125 in the off-season that was retracted after one day that I didn't get a chance to accept.
Mastuz10.jpg
I don't know where the value of this would be right now, but if I sold now I would definitely be let down.

3. Chris Carter- Power equals $$, but so far it hasn't happened. He hasn't really preformed in the minor leagues this season and I haven't gotten a chance to move this, which I picked up for 3 bucks in the off-season. Hopefully he can get hot and be a call-up and knock some out of the park..
ChrisCarerblackhertiage.jpg

Lets here your surprises and disapointments.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
Zithy said:
Lancemountain said:
What does Three up and three down mean?

End of an evening? ;)

A perfect inning pitched!

Not if there was a runner on 1st with 1 out and he grounded into a double play to end the inning, or runner on 1st with no out and he grounds into a double play and then they get the next guy out, or a triple play ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts