Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My A & G case break yields two rip cards. Sell or rip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

che stadium

Aug 16, 2008
Two rip cards in a case really made me a happy camper (along with two celestial minis!). The Ian Kinsler rip is numbered 1 of 5 and the Peavy rip card is numbered 3 of 25. Does the low numbering mean anything? Sell or rip?

che stadium

Aug 16, 2008
The celestials are supposedly one per case. They are not listed on the packs for their odds.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
How well did you do in the rest of your case break??? I guess selling your rip cards depends on that. I'd sell though.

Allen

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
IMO, check completed auctions for similar cards that have sold. Put up a high BIN/BO and if you get an offer you like, take it. If not, rip away and sell the innards and the ripped cards, as player collectors will buy them too. Good luck either way.

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
The first couple of years the rip cards could be searched with a flashlight... last year I believe that they had countered that posibility, so people may be willing to pay even more if they cannot be searched.

wem1472

May 22, 2010
I believe in past years enough research was done by collectors to show that lo #'d cards didi not correlate in any way with pulling better cards. I got a wood from a /99 and a vernon wells sketch 1/1 from a /99 card. You will most likely do better on a straight sale. However, if you are a true addict, I don't know how you could sell and never know what could of been.

Members online