Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you miss Upper Deck

Do you miss Upper Deck poll

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SKYWALKER

Aug 7, 2008
WILDCAT COUNTRY
I do , like sp cuts, ultimate and other high end products.
I know their redemption problems but since I buy so much I see just as much with the others. As far as customer service I dont see Topps being no better
Please no flames here, I just want to see how others truly feel.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Re: Do you miss Upper Deck poll

I don't buy much modern other than a few packs here and there but I do pay attention to what is put out. I don't miss UD only because I've preferred the designs of Topps cards over UD cards for the most part. There was too much going on with UD for my own tastes and I wasn't a huge fan of lots of foil.

Just my $.02.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA

In one way no, because with very few releases I feel like my player collection has been able to stay more up to date with less cards to chase.

In another way yes, because I haven't wanted to chase a lot of the cards that have been put out.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008

I miss DLP and Pacific...so no, I don't really miss UD in Baseball.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008

I do miss Upper Deck (and Donruss as well) due to the fact they made some nice Zambrano cards including autograps unlike Topps which hasn't had an autograph of him since his rookie card.

It's alright though; it has saved me a lot of money and has allowed me to build a great collection of game used stuff that I appreciate more :D

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio

I'd rather have Pinnacle back over UD. I know Panini/Donruss has the tech for Dufex, but Pinnacle was king with it.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008

Do we miss the Upper Deck Poll? The one that they held for message boards?? or is there another one that might be missed?

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008

Yea, I miss them but not as much as Pacific and Donruss.

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008

With the recent product that Topps has released I certainly do.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008

Yes.

Not having Upper Deck is costing collectors money. Less product + the Strasburg mania means every product from here on out will cost more. Supply and demand.

mlbfan10

Feb 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC

JoshHamilton said:
Yes.

Not having Upper Deck is costing collectors money. Less product + the Strasburg mania means every product from here on out will cost more. Supply and demand.

+1 thank you for thinking of the market!

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

Fewer products today should also help to increase the future value of Stras and anyone/anything else.

But even with Topps being the only game in town, there are still too many products IMO.

JoshHamilton said:
Yes.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008

I have to say no considering the prospect landscape has been "electric" over the past 4-5 months or so now...I don't think we would've had the same craze if UD was producing 4-5 product's with Strasburg, Heyward, & anyother prospect/rc who's recently made a name &/or impact on the field as of late! I like the simplicity & ease that comes with having only a couple of option's for the sheep to choose from (when it's time to buy thier prospect/rc single's online). ;) :D

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008

uniquebaseballcards said:
Fewer products today should also help to increase the future value of Stras and anyone/anything else.

Ok, half the time you talk about value being important and half the time you talk about value being irrelevant to 'true' collectors.

Which one is it?

Members online