Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

All Star Game is a joke!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
The MLB Should be ashamed.

How can a starting pitcher, who is 8-3 with a 2.82 ERA and leads the league in K's not be selected for the all star game!?
Jered Weaver should've made it. He's top 5 in the AL in ERA and leads the MLB in K's

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
bigalexx said:

How can a starting pitcher, who is 8-3 with a 2.82 ERA and leads the league in K's not be selected for the all star game!?
Jered Weaver should've made it. He's top 5 in the AL in ERA and leads the MLB in K's
I guess he didn't impress joe girardi enough.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
darocker80 said:
bigalexx said:

I guess he didn't impress joe girardi enough.

Or the players he plays with and against.
A.L. pitchers who have made the 2010 All-Star Game as a result of the Player Ballot include starters David Price of the Tampa Bay Rays; Red Sox teammates Clay Buchholz and Jon Lester; Phil Hughes of the New York Yankees; and Cliff Lee of the Seattle Mariners. The relievers whose All-Star berths stem from the Player Ballot are Mariano Rivera of the Yankees, Neftali Feliz of the Rangers, and Jose Valverde of the Detroit Tigers.

Read more: http://www.realgmbaseball.com/src_wiret ... z0sjsKIwML

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
ThoseBackPages said:
it sure is. David Wright is no all-star, but hes staring the game
Damn TBP I usually agree with you but you are way off here.Yes his k's are up but so is his power.The k's aren't that big of deal if he is leading the league in RBI's.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Another year another one of these topics.

Why would the mlb be ashamed on something the fans voted on? Relax and think before you get all heated, its a well known thing that the game is nothing more than a popularity contest.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
bigalexx said:

well his ERA is higher than all the other SPs except Hughes, so its hard to see who they take out. if they had to take anyone out to add him I would take out Hughes.. sure, wins are great but the formula is X-Era + Y-Offensive support = Z-wins. in an allstar game, the offenses are more even than in the avg. powerhouse game.
still, theres always 1 good one to get stuffed.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
thegreathambino said:
ThoseBackPages said:
it sure is. David Wright is no all-star, but hes staring the game

No Allstar? Leading the NL in RBI's, and batting over 300. I think he's allstar calibur

YOU know better. i know that you watch enough games to see him really fail when he is needed

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
It is all on fan favorites. They try to get the fans into the game a little more so they can make more money. I in-fact love the All-Star game... a 3 day weekend where we can forget about the pennant races and just have some good clean baseball.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I gotta say, I'm REALLY surprised Jered Weaver isn't on that list, ESPECIALLY when the frickin game is played in Anaheim!! I thought the Angels would have two reps at least!

Here's a thought Girardi - how about you leave off your pretty boy 3B who isn't the top 2 3B in the league and take another pitcher. Better yet - the White Sox rep - Matt Thornton? Seriously? WTF IS THAT?

Disappointing picks for the AL: Thornton, ARod, Jose Bautista (I'd rather see Alex Rios here instead of a guy hitting .230 - who cares if he has 20 HR - he won't hit 30 ever again - this is just another Carlos Pena pick - AWFUL), Ty Wigginton (would've like to see Nick Markakis - Wigginton is hitting .251!!!), Elvis Andrus (how about Alex Gonzalez) and Neftali Feliz (seriously how many Rangers are needed on this team. A closer with a 3.00 ERA? Take Weaver instead! You already got 3 closers one of them Rivera - why a fourth?)

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
nyc3 said:
Another year another one of these topics.

Why would the mlb be ashamed on something the fans voted on? Relax and think before you get all heated, its a well known thing that the game is nothing more than a popularity contest.

I rarely agree with you, but you're dead on.

Members online