Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dana says they're making an example out of Toney.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
gotta love how he just admitted to it and owned it instead of acting like he is serious with it.

"We're going to make an example of James Toney. James Toney's been an accomplished fighter for many years, and he's training in mixed martial arts now. James Toney's a real fighter. Listen, James and I go back and forth, and he's mad at me right now, and he's going to be even more pissed off after what I just said. The reality is, I am not so delusional that I don't think anything can happen when two big guys get in there and start throwing punches. He's going to try to knock out Randy Couture that night. It's become this whole UFC vs. boxing thing. I said it before, and I'll say it again, always yapping about people who do ‘freak shows,’ I'm doing one."

fitefansho

May 26, 2010
If Randy Couture believes he has something to prove and decides to stand with Toney and try to out box him or "out strike" him, he loses. Randy is an old white guy with incredibly limited boxing skills; and I mean like bottom of the card, 4 round club fighter bad...(and that might be an insult to Caucasian 4 round club fighters :mrgreen: )

James Toney is a HOF WORLD CLASS boxer who in a boxing match, would EMBARRASS any UFC fighter in the world with his skills with his hands, his CHIN, and his defense.

If Couture decides to be smart and fight like a mixed martial artist and go to the ground; of course he wins.

Simple as that, but it's up to Randy to be smart and not be Dana's sock puppet.

Aug 29, 2008
fitefansho said:
If Randy Couture believes he has something to prove and decides to stand with Toney and try to out box him or "out strike" him, he loses. Randy is an old white guy with incredibly limited boxing skills; and I mean like bottom of the card, 4 round club fighter bad...(and that might be an insult to Caucasian 4 round club fighters :mrgreen: )

James Toney is a HOF WORLD CLASS boxer who in a boxing match, would EMBARRASS any UFC fighter in the world with his skills with his hands, his CHIN, and his defense.

If Couture decides to be smart and fight like a mixed martial artist and go to the ground; of course he wins.

Simple as that, but it's up to Randy to be smart and not be Dana's sock puppet.

Randy never really struck me as the type of guy that would let his ego get in his way and try to out strike someone like Toney. I bet pretty much everyone in Couture's camp and even probably Dana are saying take him down and pound him out quick. I obviously have no idea if Toney has any sort of TD defense or can do anything off his back but I assume that once Randy gets is able to get inside and clinch with him, he will take him down and either latch on a sub or tko him.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
One part of me would hate seeing a boxer defeat a mixed martial artist, although we've already seen it before with Mercer and Timmah. But the other part of me would think it was hilarious if Toney KTFO Couture, just because I'm not too fond of Handy.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I don't think Money would ever go to MMA, but I feel sorry for the fighter who would choose to stand with him.

Toney just may 'Mercer' Couture if Handy attempts to stand with him. Or if he catches an uppercut while shooting.

Members online

Latest posts