Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I hate to say it but...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
The school year is starting to come into view. We only have another 6 weeks or so left, and the state pushed the school starting point to the last week of August... All is not lost because I am looking at switching to a different school to relieve a little stress.

Last year I tried a TTM project to get 100 cards during the year, I failed miserably, barely even making 50. (I quit doing it around the winter months and really hit it hard the last couple months of the year). I kept pushing the end date back to the last day of school... no the last day of that week... no the Saturday after that and maybe even the following monday.

I want to do the same thing again this year. With the trading/buying down hardcore, I would love to have a reason to go to the mailbox every day.

I am going to stratagize a little more... I am going to do the same project, but I am going to start sending a few multi-card requests to the 2-6 month signers. Then when the school year hits, I will go in deep and early with the quicker signers and the one month signers. That way if I have to drop out halfway through the year, I should still have some comming in. I am lowing the quantity to 75. If I hit that then I will plan accordingly to hit between 80-100.

The project will be the exact same thing as last year. 75 cards, they all have to be pack pulled with somesort of image (no customs/fillers). If I get say 6 back from one player (I doubt that I ever will) then they all count. There is no limit to how many can be in the project of the same person.

The project starts the week before school starts and ends on the Saturday (or next mailday after that if it happens to be a holiday, which I doubt it will) after the school year is done.

I am really looking at hammering out the TTMs because college is only a couple years away and I won't be doing a lot of TTMs... just the really high-end prospects and the really old guys, not like I do now where I send to everyone that I can find a card of. Depending on where I go to college at, the IP rate could increase (if I go to the U of M, I will be able to catch Saints, Twins, and Gopher baseball games) and if I end up at Bemidji, I can get the Brainerd Lunkers (if they are still around when I am in college).

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Don't remind me about school :lol:

Good luck with your project/goals, but don't worry about the numbers too much. TTMing isn't about the amount of autographs you get, and sending out should never feel like "work".

As a college student it is a little harder to send out ttm. It's harder to have the cards with you that you want to send. It's still just as fun going to the mailbox though.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Ha yeah. I am not too worried about school this year because the new place I might be going could be much more laid back.

TTMing doesn't feel like work, it's fun! I have to do work to get the stamp money but I am waiting for that day when I open the ole' mailbox and get the next Top Prospect's autograph or a high end HOFer.

The quantity project is just a project to see if I can do it. At the end of the year I just put them in the box with all the others to enjoy at a later date (except my collection is in pieces... the family can be blamed for that one :D )

Days like today when I can answer my own questions are some of the things I live for in the TTM world. Noticing that corn-starched based baby powder works just as well as the Talc baby powder

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
TBTwinsFan said:
Ha yeah. I am not too worried about school this year because the new place I might be going could be much more laid back.

TTMing doesn't feel like work, it's fun! I have to do work to get the stamp money but I am waiting for that day when I open the ole' mailbox and get the next Top Prospect's autograph or a high end HOFer.

The quantity project is just a project to see if I can do it. At the end of the year I just put them in the box with all the others to enjoy at a later date (except my collection is in pieces... the family can be blamed for that one :D )

Days like today when I can answer my own questions are some of the things I live for in the TTM world. Noticing that corn-starched based baby powder works just as well as the Talc baby powder
I wouldent trust that
57059.jpg
good luck, and if you want numbers i would go with hockey, they are the best signers

chippernate

TBTwinsFan said:
The school year is starting to come into view. We only have another 6 weeks or so left, and the state pushed the school starting point to the last week of August... All is not lost because I am looking at switching to a different school to relieve a little stress.

Last year I tried a TTM project to get 100 cards during the year, I failed miserably, barely even making 50. (I quit doing it around the winter months and really hit it hard the last couple months of the year). I kept pushing the end date back to the last day of school... no the last day of that week... no the Saturday after that and maybe even the following monday.

I want to do the same thing again this year. With the trading/buying down hardcore, I would love to have a reason to go to the mailbox every day.

I am going to stratagize a little more... I am going to do the same project, but I am going to start sending a few multi-card requests to the 2-6 month signers. Then when the school year hits, I will go in deep and early with the quicker signers and the one month signers. That way if I have to drop out halfway through the year, I should still have some comming in. I am lowing the quantity to 75. If I hit that then I will plan accordingly to hit between 80-100.

The project will be the exact same thing as last year. 75 cards, they all have to be pack pulled with somesort of image (no customs/fillers). If I get say 6 back from one player (I doubt that I ever will) then they all count. There is no limit to how many can be in the project of the same person.

The project starts the week before school starts and ends on the Saturday (or next mailday after that if it happens to be a holiday, which I doubt it will) after the school year is done.

I am really looking at hammering out the TTMs because college is only a couple years away and I won't be doing a lot of TTMs... just the really high-end prospects and the really old guys, not like I do now where I send to everyone that I can find a card of. Depending on where I go to college at, the IP rate could increase (if I go to the U of M, I will be able to catch Saints, Twins, and Gopher baseball games) and if I end up at Bemidji, I can get the Brainerd Lunkers (if they are still around when I am in college).

Lucky!! My school year starts august 9

Members online

Latest posts