Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MiLB Graphing Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrtowles46

Jan 11, 2009
Hey guys,

I am going to be doing some minor league graphing in a few weeks. Normally I do MLB, but I will be going to a few games so I decided I would bring some stuff to get signed. My main question is does anyone know what time the minor league buses drop players off at the ballpark in relation to gametime? I believe it is about 5 hrs in advance for MLB players, but I am guessing that it is a little closer to gametime for minor league guys. I am graphing at a South Atlantic League stadium (Greensboro), which is single A if that makes a difference. All help and any other tips related to pregame graphing MiLB teams are appreciated!
And if anyone has graphed Greensboro at home before, please send me a PM!
Thanks!

DD

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
You're probably wasting your time if you are planning on arriving before the team bus gets there. Players in the minors are almost always willing to sign. Gates typically open an hour before the first pitch, and depending on the layout of the park just find a spot near the dugout or down the line. It might be a good idea to familiarize yourself with the player's numbers beforehand so you have an idea who is coming out. You shouldn't have any trouble getting players to sign before/after warmups.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Does anyone know what time the minor league buses drop players off at the ballpark in relation to gametime? around 2 PM for a 7PM game but that depends on a lot of things. If the team arrived late in the night, they might not do batting pratice. If they played a double header the night before, its going to be later.

Bring cards for the minor league roving instructors. They usually visit twice a year early in the year and right before August rolls around... Rickey Henderson was doing a stint last week with the A's by visiting all the A's affilates that were at home.

Bring an OMLB all the time Saturday people in Memphis got a surprise when Craig Biggio came to watch the Express play the Redbirds.

Bring a small radio to listen to the pre-game and during the game. The announcers will tell you if anybody of interest is doing a fundraiser in the stadium or just stopping by to promote something on the radio broadcast.... In Mobile over the years, I have gotten Phil Niekro, Lance Johnson, Don Sutton, Bernie Carbo, Shaun Alexander, Will Clark, Matt Williams, Jennie Finch, Buck Showalter just by listening a radio broadcast.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Bring a team roster with you. It was a life saver when I started graphing. I just wanted to have someone's graph, and I didn't know who they were (a bunch of lower end guys in the Majors). I would memorize their jersey numbers and go get a ball cube from the concessions (the Dome was so cool for that, so autograph friendly for a big league park) and the cubs came with an insert so I would look up the info in the book and write it in the appropriate area's on the insert.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
I was in Greensboro for a game on Monday actually. I wouldn't worry too much about getting there that early as Greensboro really encourages players to sign before the game. Park opens an hour before game time, but players have already taken BP and infield at that point. Not one player from either team refused to sign - got a ball signed by Jonathan Singleton (only took one ball and that was who I was looking for).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts