Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ginter world's saltiest sailers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
as i was listing my box, noticed this. i saw it was the only sub division of that type of mini i got, so i figured id look on the bay to see what they've been bringing. the one on ebay is at $51, the ones in completed were 10-20

is this a newly announced SP?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
J.O. said:
as i was listing my box, noticed this. i saw it was the only sub division of that type of mini i got, so i figured id look on the bay to see what they've been bringing. the one on ebay is at $51, the ones in completed were 10-20

is this a newly announced SP?
Is that one that sold for $51 and Bazooka back and numbered to 25. That would be the only reason I would think since I
pulled at least 1 in all 4 boxes I opened and none of these were nothing more then a base of these cards.
No ginter, nor Bazooka (if these) even exists in these forms.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
I think y'all are confusing the sailors of the seven seas with these.
I have about 10 seven seas ones in 3 boxes. This is the only saltiest sailor one i pulled

tdkjlk

Aug 8, 2008
I only pulled one Saltiest Sailor in 8 cases so yes they are rare
I think I got like $20 for mine.

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
Damn I thought about going after a few of them once I realized how sp'd they were and most people were still confusing these with the sailors of the seven seas. ::facepalm::

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I heard 1 in 10 cases, but who knows at this point.
Maybe Strasburg is a Salty Sailor for all I know!

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
these gotta be super sp, i got one in 4 boxes that i busted , there seems to be less of these than the strasburg minis

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
lkk116 said:
these gotta be super sp, i got one in 4 boxes that i busted , there seems to be less of these than the strasburg minis

Nice hit for just busting 4 boxes, IIRC Brent said he pulled 4 of these from his 25 case break.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
JustinG08 said:
lkk116 said:

Nice hit for just busting 4 boxes, IIRC Brent said he pulled 4 of these from his 25 case break.

i got two boxes from ebay and didn't pull any

this card came from the 1 box out of a case at the lcs. :D :D

i may wait to list. if topps says these are 1 in every 5-10 cases it's got to be a $100+ card easily

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Is there some kind of knowledge that says these are the key to cracking the celestial stars code? That could be why the inflation is, and why now is a good time to sell, because when the code is cracked they'll just be SPs.

Ant

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
aminors said:
Is there some kind of knowledge that says these are the key to cracking the celestial stars code? That could be why the inflation is, and why now is a good time to sell, because when the code is cracked they'll just be SPs.

Ant

I think it has more to due with them being extremely sp'd and the A&G set collectors are driving up the price. These cards seem to be falling around 1 per 8-10 cases which would justify the high price.

Members online