Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Twins send Seattle an Offer for Lee

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Cliff Lee to the Twins? Who would the prospects be?

Jon Heyman just reported that the Twins and M's talks' are getting interesting.

Looks like the Mariners want a package of players surrounded by Wilson Ramos.

What more can the Mariners expect to get?

Anyone have thoughts?

skrip

chowell3fan

Jan 27, 2010
Whaler Country
Re: Cliff Lee to the Twins? Who would the prospects be?

If I am the Mariners, I would ask for Ramos, Gibson and at least one other mid-high level prospect. I am not sure the twins would do that, but that's the kind of package I THINK it would take

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana

Reds: Yonder Alonso, and some young arm
Seattle: Lee

Is the talk around Cincy

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008

I heard last week Seattle is looking for Ramos and Scott Baker for Lee

ballerskrip said:
Jon Heyman just reported that the Twins and M's talks' are getting interesting.

Looks like the Mariners want a package of players surrounded by Wilson Ramos.

What more can the Mariners expect to get?

Anyone have thoughts?

skrip

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

Seiya said:
They said yesterday Twins offered Ramos and Hicks.

If Seattle could pull that off, that would be a MAJOR coup.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota

As much as I would kill to get Lee, I would hate to see the Twins part with Hicks. I would rather send Ben Revere along with Ramos and maybe a pitching prospect, but there is NO WAY the Twins are going to trade Kyle Gibson for Lee..

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama

I have heard that they were kicking around offering Hicks and Ramos (per ESPN Insider).

Not sure how much of that to believe....but it would be a great return for half a season of Lee.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......

Isn't Cliff Lee a FA after this season? Price seems alittle high for a "Rental" I mean Cliff Lee is amazing But Damn.... If that's the asking price then I hope the Tigers don't get involved.

The Twins can have the division if that's the price haha :D I agree prospects are sometimes over-rated and getting a horse like Lee would be great but for half a year? Would rather wait and sign him in the offseason.

Your thoughts?

Shep :ugeek:

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama

shephech said:
Isn't Cliff Lee a FA after this season? Price seems alittle high for a "Rental" I mean Cliff Lee is amazing But Damn.... If that's the asking price then I hope the Tigers don't get involved.

The Twins can have the division if that's the price haha :D I agree prospects are sometimes over-rated and getting a horse like Lee would be great but for half a year? Would rather wait and sign him in the offseason.

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are: if someone wants to sign him, I hope they can outbid the Yankees or Mets.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008

Anthony K. said:
shephech said:

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are: if someone wants to sign him, I hope they can outbid the Yankees or Mets.

Mets?? I highly doubt the mets get anywhere close to signing him that that was the case. plus..He's not latin....so Omar wouldn't want him..lol

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land

Ramos and Hicks. Both talented but expendable for the Twins.

Edit: Just read an earlier post that it was offered, nice haha i'm dead on. I am hoping seatle gets that done!!!

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama

Bosox3 said:
Anthony K. said:
shephech said:

Your thoughts?

Mets?? I highly doubt the mets get anywhere close to signing him that that was the case. plus..He's not latin....so Omar wouldn't want him..lol

The Mets are involved in EVERY big name signing.

Doesn't mean they WILL sign them, but they are involved.

Though, I would not be surprised to see them ink Lee. SP is something they could use.

ahodge84

Jun 12, 2010
Lincoln, NE

shephech said:

Your thoughts?

I agree, but remember that even "rentals" command premiums in the trade market... I seem to remember the Tribe receiving a pretty good stash of prospects for Sabathia in a similar situation two years back...

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land

Speaking of rentals, if the rays start to falter, you think Crawford would be traded away with Desmond Jennings coming up?

Would LOVE for the Giants to somehow make a trade for crawford. Maybe Trade Thomas Neal and Tommy Joseph (catcher with power) and a mid level pitching prospect or the player the rangers owe us.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......

That is true, Indians got LaPorta (who was regarded by some as "God" at the time).

I hope the Tigers get involved in the conversation, but not at the cost of giving up Jacob Turner or something like that.

I hope the Twins don't get him.... either the Tigers get him or nobody in the Central please :lol:

Should be mighty interesting anyways.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama

darocker80 said:
Speaking of rentals, if the rays start to falter, you think Crawford would be traded away with Desmond Jennings coming up?

Would LOVE for the Giants to somehow make a trade for crawford. Maybe Trade Thomas Neal and Tommy Joseph (catcher with power) and a mid level pitching prospect or the player the rangers owe us.

2 things:

1) This isn't a Giants thread, start a new one.

2) To nicely answer your question: no. If anyone is moved, it will be BJ. I am willing to bet a ludicrous amount of money Crawford signs a contract with the Rays in the off season.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land

Anthony K. said:
darocker80 said:

2 things:

1) This isn't a Giants thread, start a new one.

2) To nicely answer your question: no. If anyone is moved, it will be BJ. I am willing to bet a ludicrous amount of money Crawford signs a contract with the Rays in the off season.
Won't both Lee and Crawford want huge contracts aka Yankee territory?

Members online

Latest posts