Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who will be the best 10 Bowman Chrome auto to own in 3 yrs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
I am putting my money on Slade Heathcott, after originally thinking Brett Jackson. Other options are plenty (Nolan Arenado, Donovan Tate, Dustin Ackley, etc) but I think Heathcott could be a great blend of speed and power and be a quick study in the minors. Anybody else got their money on a different player???

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I think the #1 $$ pitcher will be Martin Perez

#1 $$$$ Hitter will be Starlin Castro. He will be the ONLY All star hitter from this class in 3 years.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
ballerskrip said:

#1 $$$$ Hitter will be Starlin Castro. He will be the ONLY All star hitter from this class in 3 years.
I don't buy it on the Castro. Ackley? Franklin? Arenado? Heathcott?

While none of these guys are sure things, I like the odds of 4 vs. 1 here.

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
bmc398 said:
ballerskrip said:

Yea Nick Franklin is tearing it up also. I don't think Castro will be an all-star either. I see him being an above-average major leaguer, but just don't see him as an all-star.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
jkeys said:
bmc398 said:
ballerskrip said:

Yea Nick Franklin is tearing it up also. I don't think Castro will be an all-star either. I see him being an above-average major leaguer, but just don't see him as an all-star.

Guys, don't forget Castro is IN THE BIG LEAGUES at the same age as most of the other guys here mentioned are in LOW A ball!!! Same scenario with Martin Perez, 19 years old in AA, youngest player in the league, LHP who sits 93-96 with strong off speed pitches.

I guess we will see. Castro will be the same age as Heathchott when he hits the bigs, and already have three years MLB service time on him.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
ballerskrip said:
jkeys said:
bmc398 said:
ballerskrip said:

Guys, don't forget Castro is IN THE BIG LEAGUES at the same age as most of the other guys here mentioned are in LOW A ball!!! Same scenario with Martin Perez, 19 years old in AA, youngest player in the league, LHP who sits 93-96 with strong off speed pitches.

I guess we will see. Castro will be the same age as Heathchott when he hits the bigs, and already have three years MLB service time on him.

I agree with you on Perez, but I just don't see it with Castro. He's a solid everyday SS. Will hit .300 but with little power and average RBI #s. Basically, hes no Hanley Ramirez and far from a Derek Jeter. Soild, sure great no. I think in the end you'll be suprised just how well a lot of these hitters from 2010 do.

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
pujolsjunkie said:
I give the nod to Wil Myers. Not particularly close in my opinion really.

This one I definately don't see. Small market, non-premium position...I know there's been some hype but for his cards to out-produce Jackson or Heathcott will take quite a performance.

- Jsn

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
jkeys said:
pujolsjunkie said:

This one I definately don't see. Small market, non-premium position...I know there's been some hype but for his cards to out-produce Jackson or Heathcott will take quite a performance.

- Jsn
In terms of MLB value, catcher is the premium position. Not saying he sticks there, but if he does...

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
jlecates said:
jkeys said:
pujolsjunkie said:

- Jsn
In terms of MLB value, catcher is the premium position. Not saying he sticks there, but if he does...

C is a graveyard. Joe Maur is the only C that is really maintaining any strong collectability over the past 5 years. V-Mart stuff has crashed and Weiters stuff is rolling down the hill also...

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
bmc398 said:
ballerskrip said:
jkeys said:
bmc398 said:
ballerskrip said:

I agree with you on Perez, but I just don't see it with Castro. He's a solid everyday SS. Will hit .300 but with little power and average RBI #s. Basically, hes no Hanley Ramirez and far from a Derek Jeter. Soild, sure great no. I think in the end you'll be suprised just how well a lot of these hitters from 2010 do.

Castro's still REALLY YOUNG and is still growing and learning the game...No he isnt Ramirez or Jeter yet, but whos to say he wont be? You honestly just dont know.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
cjb9421 said:
bmc398 said:
ballerskrip said:
jkeys said:
bmc398 said:
[quote="ballerskrip":6df3h25z]I think the #1 $$ pitcher will be Martin Perez

Castro's still REALLY YOUNG and is still growing and learning the game...No he isnt Ramirez or Jeter yet, but whos to say he wont be? You honestly just dont know.[/quote:6df3h25z]
Just like Skrip knows that no hitter will amount to crap from 2010 Bowman? There's way too much talent there to say that. I don't care how much of a Cubs homer you are... the statement that NOBODY else will be that good is rediculous. Especially when its not like he's tearing the cover off the ball right now.

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
bmc398 said:
cjb9421 said:
bmc398 said:
ballerskrip said:
jkeys said:
[quote="bmc398":3bjg0xao][quote="ballerskrip":3bjg0xao]I think the #1 $$ pitcher will be Martin Perez

Castro's still REALLY YOUNG and is still growing and learning the game...No he isnt Ramirez or Jeter yet, but whos to say he wont be? You honestly just dont know.[/quote:3bjg0xao]
Just like Skrip knows that no hitter will amount to crap from 2010 Bowman? There's way too much talent there to say that. I don't care how much of a Cubs homer you are... the statement that NOBODY else will be that good is rediculous. Especially when its not like he's tearing the cover off the ball right now.[/quote:3bjg0xao]

Ya I dont agree with that either..I never said any of that tho.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
My opinion, Starlin Castro will be the best guy from this class in 3 years. Look at the guys numbers, as a 20 year old kid in the bigs, playing SS: .271, 20 BB/31 K-his RBI/Runs are down, but he's hitting at the bottom of the order. To do what he is doing is pretty insane. And if you look at #'s in the minors, what he did at AA this year was nuts.

I do also like Wil Myers, Nick Franklin, Brett Jackson, and Dustin Ackley-but I think Castro will stand above them in 3 years.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Starlin Castro has been compared to Edgar Renteria in terms of potential ceiling....he's going to be your solid, yet unspectacular middle infielder much like the cubs have right now in Ryan Theriot.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
jkeys said:
I am putting my money on Slade Heathcott, after originally thinking Brett Jackson. Other options are plenty (Nolan Arenado, Donovan Tate, Dustin Ackley, etc) but I think Heathcott could be a great blend of speed and power and be a quick study in the minors. Anybody else got their money on a different player???

Just a question, what has Heathcott ever done to make you think he's going to be better than Brett Jackson? I don't understand the infatuation with this guy. I mean he has like 6 XBase hits in 130 AB's in the minors so far. If he was an Oriole would you still bet on Heathcott? I like Brett Jackson and Nick Franklin by the way.

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
sigma_chi said:
jkeys said:

Just a question, what has Heathcott ever done to make you think he's going to be better than Brett Jackson? I don't understand the infatuation with this guy. I mean he has like 6 XBase hits in 130 AB's in the minors so far. If he was an Oriole would you still bet on Heathcott? I like Brett Jackson and Nick Franklin by the way.

Well for starters I never said I thought he'd be better - just better to own...and that's in 3 years. Yankee hype is different just because of the pinstripes, and I think Heathcott will have his fair share of success. Jackson is white hot right now, got promoted, and he's still selling in the same range as Heathcott. There's just alot of room for the Heathcott's to run higher in my opinion...

Members online

Latest posts