Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Top 10 Prospects that could be traded...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chowell3fan

Jan 27, 2010
Whaler Country
When I got to Domonic Brown, i said to myself, "who the hell would be #1 then?" I don't see that happening in any scenario. As far as some of the others, I could see the Mets moving Flores in the right deal. And as mentioned yesterday in the Twins thread, I think that Ramos and/or Hicks (more so Ramos) are going to get moved.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
The article lost all credibilty with me when under the Bumgarner blurb its says that Tim Alderson would be an interesting name as well. I am guessing the Giants aren't going to be able to trade a guy they traded last year.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I wouldn't be adverse to Hellboy going bye bye. He's too good for TB anyway, and would already be in the Majors on practically any other team.

But please, do NOT send him to Cincy.

sffanmike25

Aug 21, 2008
Dallas, TX
Exposfan said:
The article lost all credibilty with me when under the Bumgarner blurb its says that Tim Alderson would be an interesting name as well. I am guessing the Giants aren't going to be able to trade a guy they traded last year.

Was about to post the same. :lol:

asmth312

Jan 17, 2009
Yes, in addition to citing Hellickson and Brown as two prospects who could move at the deadline, the article mentions that the Dodgers would be unlikely to part with SS Dee Gooden, and the Brewers may be interested in Tim Alderson in a potential Prince Fielder to the Giants trade. I think most of the members here could have written a comparable piece without doing any research.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Jaypers said:
I wouldn't be adverse to Hellboy going bye bye. He's too good for TB anyway, and would already be in the Majors on practically any other team.

JP. ::facepalm::
Really?

Price > Helli

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Russ S. said:
Jaypers said:

Really?

Price > Helli

I wasn't comparing his talent; rather, the (lack of) management being used in his case.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Jaypers said:
Russ S. said:
Jaypers said:

Really?

Price > Helli

I wasn't comparing his talent; rather, the (lack of) management being used in his case.
Ok. Got it.
He's not too good for Baltimore. ;)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
frzg said:
Jaypers, you can have Cliff Lee, we'll just take Hellickson off of your hands.

See what you all think of this hypothetical 3-way trade.

Seattle gets BJ Upton and Austin Romine.
Tampa Bay gets Cliff Lee.
New York Yankees get Jeremy Hellickson.

Thoughts?

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Jaypers said:
frzg said:

Thoughts?
BOOOO. Tampa is getting the shaft IMO.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
i would only be content if he ended up a cub, but i know for a FACT that jeremy would absolutely love that scenario. he is a die-hard yankee fan and jeter is his favorite player.

Jaypers said:
frzg said:

Thoughts?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
rob167 said:
i would only be content if he ended up a cub, but i know for a FACT that jeremy would absolutely love that scenario. he is a die-hard yankee fan and jeter is his favorite player.

He wouldn't be the only one. :mrgreen:

Russ -- how would TB lose? They would acquire an ace, get rid of Upton and be able to call up a 5-tool OF to take his place.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Jaypers said:
rob167 said:

Russ -- how would TB lose? They would acquire an ace, get rid of Upton and be able to call up a 5-tool OF to take his place.
I think you'd have to think of the long haul. Helli will give them many more wins, K's, and years then Lee.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Russ S. said:
Jaypers said:
rob167 said:

I think you'd have to think of the long haul. Helli will give them many more wins, K's, and years then Lee.

Lee would only be temporary. Helly may be their best arm right now, but there are several others in their system who would like his spot and could be very good in the long haul as well. Aneury Rodriguez is one. Jake McGee is another. I could go on.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Like others said - I stopped reading when the writer talked about the Giants moving Alderson and also Zach Wheeler (who isn't eligible to be traded before the trade deadline anyways).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts