Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Great Debate: Dom. Brown versus Mike Trout

Who Do You Want In Your Organization

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
At least to my untrained eye, these two are ridiculously similar. After Brown's pretty gosh-darn good season at A (SALL,) he shot up and became the 48th overall rated prospect as a 20 year old. Trout, in A (MIDW), has been absolutely murdering opposing pitchers. He's walking a tonne, stealing more bases, and the homers are there too.

So right now, pick someone to sell when BAs TOP-100 comes out NEXT YEAR // Who will be higher on said list.

Brown has shown that he can keep hitting at higher levels but Trout is showing absolutely insane skills for his age.

If you're bored, who will be the better major leaguer?

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
pigskincardboard said:
At least to my untrained eye, these two are ridiculously similar. After Brown's pretty gosh-darn good season at A (SALL,) he shot up and became the 48th overall rated prospect as a 20 year old. Trout, in A (MIDW), has been absolutely murdering opposing pitchers. He's walking a tonne, stealing more bases, and the homers are there too.

So right now, pick someone to sell when BAs TOP-100 comes out NEXT YEAR // Who will be higher on said list.

Brown has shown that he can keep hitting at higher levels but Trout is showing absolutely insane skills for his age.

If you're bored, who will be the better major leaguer?

Trout looks like a better future power hitter and Brown might be a better average hitter. Both have similar speed but Trout reads pitchers better. Glove looks similar but Brown seems to have a better handle for the ball.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Although I have never seen Trout play, Brown blew me away. I am going to see him in AAA today as well. I have seen Brown play in A, AA, and now AAA.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The Dommer all the way. Experience is key, and he has quite a bit more of it than Trout.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Jaypers said:
The Dommer all the way. Experience is key, and he has quite a bit more of it than Trout.

So, if you would bring Trout experience wise to where Brown is now, how would you rate them? Provided that Trout's skills would progress at the same rate as they have.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
GarkoCollector said:
Jaypers said:

So, if you would bring Trout experience wise to where Brown is now, how would you rate them? Provided that Trout's skills would progress at the same rate as they have.

That's the point of experience, Garko. No one knows how someone will adapt to various levels of pitching.

It's like asking which person will be taller and better suited for the NBA: a 6' thirteen year old, or a 6'8" eighteen year old. It's a known that the second kid is 6'8" and he can't get shorter. While the thirteen year old is on pace to be 6'10", there's also nothing to say that he may end up only being 6'3".

It was also the idea behind moneyball, I guess. More information is never a bad thing, even if it stops you from dreaming about "what ifs" all day long.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
EricInCT said:
Is this thread a joke?

Why would this be a joke? I think it's a perfectly legitimate question.

I don't think there's any argument that Trout's been better than Brown was at 18 or 19.

If Trout smashes his way through A and ends up in the Top-15 Prospects, will it be a joke then?

Is comparing Trout to Dom Brown such an insult to your intelligence that you don't even think it's a valid one?

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
pigskincardboard said:
EricInCT said:
Is this thread a joke?

Why would this be a joke? I think it's a perfectly legitimate question.

I don't think there's any argument that Trout's been better than Brown was at 18 or 19.

If Trout smashes his way through A and ends up in the Top-15 Prospects, will it be a joke then?

Is comparing Trout to Dom Brown such an insult to your intelligence that you don't even think it's a valid one?

relax dude, calm down. It was a question. The answer is no.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Then why are you asking if the thread is a joke? It's a legitimate question.

More than a few people belive that Trout's got a legitimate shot at being a better big-leaguer than Brown.

Members online