Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA Live Chat w/ Jim Callis @ 2pm EST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Don't read below, Cody. :lol:

Bret (Toronto): What do you make of JP Arencibia's destruction of the PCL the last few months? He’s hit like .320 on the year now with 22 HR and an OPS above 1.0, though it is Las Vegas, so the numbers always concern you. Does he look like a legit prospect now, and what kind of upside could he have?

Jim Callis: Nice year for Arencibia. He's repeating Triple-A, of course, and Las Vegas is a good place to hit. Still don't see him as a star. I think he'll hit for power but not a lot of average, and be a decent catcher but nothing special defensively.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
That's one ballsy answer.

Sam (Baltimore): Who is a good comp for Anthony Rendon that is currently playing the bigs? Can Orioles fans hope to have the next Evan Longoria?

Jim Callis: If the Orioles do get Rendon, they very well might get another Longoria.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Jaypers said:

Sam (Baltimore): Who is a good comp for Anthony Rendon that is currently playing the bigs? Can Orioles fans hope to have the next Evan Longoria?

Jim Callis: If the Orioles do get Rendon, they very well might get another Longoria.
That's the comp that gets tossed around the most.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
jlecates said:
Jaypers said:

I respect Callis, but I can't drink the Kool-Aid on this comp yet.

You know my stance on it.... Rendon is smaller and I need to see him do it with wood, consistently.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
jlecates said:
Jaypers said:

You know my stance on it.... Rendon is smaller and I need to see him do it with wood, consistently.
Adam, you and I do respectfully disagree a bit on Rendon, but I 100% am with you on the wood. Really wish he had ended up at the Cape this year instead of Team USA.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
jlecates said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
jlecates said:
Jaypers said:

Adam, you and I do respectfully disagree a bit on Rendon, but I 100% am with you on the wood. Really wish he had ended up at the Cape this year instead of Team USA.

Don't get me wrong. Rendon is a fantastic talent. I just can't see him as a 30-40 HR guy in the majors.

In my eyes, he is a .300/15/90 type player, which is great for a 3B prospect.

If you want to go on power potential alone, then let's call Harold Martinez a 30-40 HR guy in the majors too, purely based on his college power numbers.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
My question was answered,

Jason (Seattle): Who is our top prospect, Ackley or Pineda? Is Pineda a top 25 prospect right now?

Jim Callis: I'd still take Ackley, but Pineda will join him in our Midseason Top 25.

Can't remember the last time the Mariners had 2 top 25 prospects.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
NECpilgrims8 said:
jlecates said:
Jaypers said:

[youtube:3all3rrj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-wf2pP7T0Y[/youtube:3all3rrj]

Members online

Latest posts