Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pete Rose McFarlane figure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
Greed and stupidity :lol:

I've seen about a dozen of these sell over the last year. The ended at anywhere from $50-$80.

So, I spot one under completed auctions and contact the seller to see if he has any more. He says, "Yes, I have 1 more and am about to list it".

I figure, cool. Maybe I'll pick it up just to own one. LOL Yea right! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's the completed AUCTION $74 smack-a-roos

Now, it's great that he saw I was interested and decided to list his other (who know how many he actually owns) but did he really have to do THIS?

Not only is the price ridiculous but he jacked up the shipping by $5 too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, so I'm not shocked by much these days..but some people really make me shake my head at times.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
McFarlane has never actually produced a Rose figure. The figures in those auctions are customs that have been repainted and repackaged. If you really want one, I'd suggest going on the McFarlane message boards. There are some guys there that do fantastic customs for around $40-50.

Most of their names escape me, since it's been a while since I collected McFarlanes, but I'd suggest you check out customsbyjomo.com. He is by far one of the best, and does some great work.

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
Thanks, I know they're customs. The big attraction to these particular ones are that they are signed by Rose.

There have been approx. 5 that I have seen sell that were signed by Rose. I could do without it, my main reason for the post was as I said...the sellers extreme greed. To sell one for $74, then get a message from me and immediately list another for $500? :lol:

Members online

Latest posts