Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Flatten out your chrome?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scooter2374

Jul 4, 2010
New Jersey
Hi guys,

After buying a ton of the '10 Bowman I have noticed a trend among the chrome cards. Alot of them seem to be bent or twisted, any ideas on how to handle the situation without ruining my horde? Thanks in advance

Scotty

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I was once told to stick a row of 5 x 5 on a cookie sheet and stick them in the oven @ 200 degrees F. True story.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
ah!
Heat is the enemy of chrome.
I had a handful of packs in my car for a few days (in Arizona) and I think in a couple more days they might have actually turned into tubes.

Haven't found a way to make them flat, but a cool dry place should keep flat ones flat.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
I have always had a problem with Chrome's doing this. Flex the card back the other way just a bit, then put in a snug top loader, put on a table, and then stack several books on top of it (hardback books for more weight). And seriously leave it there for like a week...but, you know, don't forget about it.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
stuff a 50 count snap tight with enough to leave room for a white blunt from donruss packs at the top and bottom.
snap shut and tape as tight as u can. a month later they will be flat :D

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I just keep mine in penny sleeves(they are a mother when it comes to surface damage) and then stuff as many as I can into a 500 count box. Keep em packed tight and they tend not to curl. They never have a chance.

Members online