Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA's 2009 Philadelphia Phillies Top 10 Prospects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
NL East issue arrived today. Nats coming in another thread.

1 - Dominic Brown
2 - Carlos Carrasco
3 - Lou Marson
4 - Jason Donald
5 - Kyle Drabek
6 - Michael Taylor
7 - Travis D'Arnaud
8 - Zach Collier
9 - J.A. Happ
10 - Jason Knapp

Best Tools

Best Hitter For AVG - Dominic Brown
Best Power Hitter - Michael Taylor
Best K-Zone Discipline - Lou Marson
Fastest Baserunner - Quinton Berry
Best Athlete - Anthony Hewitt
Best Fastball - Carlos Carrasco
Best Curve - Kyle Drabek
Best Slider - Mike Stutes
Best Change - Carlos Carrasco
Best Control - Mike Cisco
Best Defensive Catcher - Lou Marson
Best Defensive Infielder - Fraddy Galvis
Best Infield Arm - Fraddy Galvis
Best Defensive Outfielder - Anthony Gose
Best Outfield Arm - Dominic Brown

Projected 2012 Lineup

C - Lou Marson
1B - Ryan Howard
2B - Chase Utley
3B - Jason Donald
SS - Jimmy Rollins
LF - Michael Taylor
CF - Shane Victorino
RF - Dominic Brown
1 - Cole Hamels
2 - Carlos Carrasco
3 - Kyle Drabek
4 - Brett Myers
5 - Joe Blanton
Closer - Brad Lidge

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
Nice.

likee.jpg

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
Imma have to run down stairs from the 5th floor to open my mailbox to take the issue out. :shock:

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
HILARIOUS that people thought it would be Collier. I swear, when a new player gets a chrome auto, "they must be the #1 prospect on the team"!!!

hahaha

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
HILARIOUS that people thought it would be Collier. I swear, when a new player gets a chrome auto, "they must be the #1 prospect on the team"!!!

hahaha

I was going to post on the other thread that I thought 8 would be about right.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Brett, could you give us the 2012 Lineup cards for both the Nats and Phils? Thanks.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ballerskrip said:

hahaha

Yes, why don't all of us have professional jobs in scouting departments like you do? Hahahahahahaha.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I would move it around slightly.

1 - Carlos Carrasco
2 - Lou Marson
3 - Michael Taylor
4 - Kyle Drabek
5 - Jason Donald
6 - Dominic Brown
7 - Travis D'Arnaud
8 - Zach Collier
9 - J.A. Happ
10 - Jason Knapp

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Jaypers said:
ballerskrip said:

hahaha

Yes, why don't all of us have professional jobs in scouting departments like you do? Hahahahahahaha.

I think you have taken me the wrong way. I like collier. I was making more of a blanket statement, than just about Collier. It seems every year, there are a handful of players that are Over-rated by us prospectors based SOLELY on their inclusions in card sets.... Not sure what that has to do with my time with the Angels.

skrip

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
ballerskrip said:

hahaha

The Michael Burgess Effect.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ballerskrip said:
Jaypers said:
ballerskrip said:

hahaha

I think you have taken me the wrong way. I like collier. I was making more of a blanket statement, than just about Collier. It seems every year, there are a handful of players that are Over-rated by us prospectors based SOLELY on their inclusions in card sets.... Not sure what that has to do with my time with the Angels.

skrip

Your earlier statement came off to me as condescending, especially the laughter. It's one thing to be convinced a player will be #1 according to BA, and it's another to HOPE he will be.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Jaypers said:
ballerskrip said:
Jaypers said:
ballerskrip said:

hahaha

skrip

Your earlier statement came off to me as condescending, especially the laughter. It's one thing to be convinced a player will be #1 according to BA, and it's another to HOPE he will be.

I wasn't trying to be condescending at all, sorry to all if it came off that way. I seem to put the "hahah" due to habit over anything else at this point. Again, I like Collier. I didn't think he had any chance of being #1 however. There are far too many proven guys on this list to put Collier in the top 3.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I LOVE seeing the Drabek comeback also, I forgot to mention that!

There are some people that are getting excited about him, I have sold (3) of his cards out of my store in the last week, Gold and Blue 9.5's!

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
I LOVE seeing the Drabek comeback also, I forgot to mention that!

There are some people that are getting excited about him, I have sold (3) of his cards out of my store in the last week, Gold and Blue 9.5's!

On PhuturePhiies a lot of there poster seem to be getting excited about him. He got some good scouting reports when he pitched in Hawaii. He's supposed to be more mature now too.

- Ryan

Latest posts