Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player collectors Got a question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Being that I didn't collect Frank Thomas because he was a White Sox[ck], I followed him for sure. Actually had some distaste in my mouth for the organization when he left, but I'm glad they're all in good graces again.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
If your a "player collector", than why not?

If your a "team collector" who likes to collect player X on your team, then probablly not.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
If Jeter ever got traded or went to another team, I would definitely still collect him. I don't think the Yankees will let it happen though.

minors4me

Apr 16, 2010
BunchOBull said:
Being that I didn't collect Frank Thomas because he was a White Sox[ck], I followed him for sure. Actually had some distaste in my mouth for the organization when he left, but I'm glad they're all in good graces again.
exactly how i feel/felt about the big man and the sox.

cartertr

Jun 27, 2010
Yes for the most part. I collect 30 different players and the only one I am not going to collect anymore is Cliff Lee. I like how he plays but I don't like him as a person from the way he is in his interviews. Now that he's been traded from the Mariners, it has tipped enough to where I'm not collecting him anymore.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
I collected Mark Grace from 1986 to 2003. I still collect him and will do so til the day I die.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I still collect him but I'm not sure I would had I not put a good 10 years in before he got traded. One of the reason I picked Andruw was because I could watch most the games on TBS no matter where I was living at the time. Every season I was able to see him, once TBS dropped the Braves he got traded I couldn't watch him so it was harder to really follow him. Sure I can read reports/box scores but reading about it isn't the same as actually seeing it for yourself.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I collect Glen Perkins.
I collect Glen Perkins because he is a Minnnesotan.
Glen Perkins is a Minnesotan.
Glen Perkins played for the University of Minnesota
Glen Perkins was drafted by Minnesota
I collect Glen Perkins for said reasons.

If he was traded I would not collect him as much (I would nab stuff of him in a Twins jersey, and would still collect his Twins stuff, unless he made it to the Nats, then I would go after his Nats stuff as they are my #2 team).

If I got an incredible deal on something of his that was rare I would nab it as well.

I don't do too much Meachem any more but I would go after his stuff after he gets traded from the Who Dats

Members online