Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stolen Autographs: Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Well, it has been a little over two weeks since my home was broken into and most of my PSA/DNA and BGS/JSA autographs were stolen (along with some other things). I've been searching eBay, craigslist, and local shops (including Pawn Shops) without much luck. I'm starting to move on. Chalk it up as a loss and try to rebuild--luckily most of my collection is still in tact (the theives left all my autographed bats and baseballs--pretty much anything that wasn't in a PSA/DNA or BGS/JSA case). They also left a nice stack of Jake Peavy Bowman Heritage Auto RCs (I guess they knew he was going to have an injury!). Now that I've finished filing the insurance claim ($1,000 deductable, so there won't be much to try to rebuild my collection with) I thought I would update my collection pages. Now I have two pages for my certified autographs:

The certified autographs still in my collection:
http://khalilgreenecollector.wikispaces ... raphed+RCs

The certified autographs that were stolen:
http://khalilgreenecollector.wikispaces ... Autographs

Thanks for looking!
Anthony

PS-My top priority autographed RCs to replace:

1979 Topps Ozzie Smith RC
1987 Maddux RC (I had the Donruss, but as long as it's a genuine RC, I'm not too concerned about which one I get).
1990 Frank Thomas RC (Leaf would be cool, if I can't swing that, I'll go for Topps)

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Sorry to hear that happen to you. It may happen that after the items change hands a couple of times they will find their way back into your shop when another seller tries to move them.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Don't give up hope. Any thief that isn't totally braindead would wait a while on that sort of thing before they moved it.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
James52411 said:
Sorry to hear that happen to you. It may happen that after the items change hands a couple of times they will find their way back into your shop when another seller tries to move them.

Thanks. I kind of figure that since I am still in the market for PSA/DNA authenticated RCs, that I'll eventually run into my cards on eBay. It may take a long while, but I bet I'll see a few of them again on eBay. Now, if whoever buys them knows they are stolen and has them re-encased I guess I am out of luck. But as long as they don't do that, I'll be able to track the serial numbers pretty easily.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Pine Tar said:
Dude you did not tel the insurance company someone stole over your deductible and get some pocket money????

There is a $1,000 limit on collectibles. We mostly got the policy just in case there was a fire or a major earthquake--it would enable us to get new furniture, etc. Luckily, our policy covers theft. Our MacBook was also stolen, so our priority is to replace that with our insurance claim. Any leftover money after we buy a computer (probably a few hundred) will go toward me starting to rebuild my collection. I valued the cards at what I thought I could get for them on eBay (or what they were being offered for on eBay--but most of my cards did not have a comparable card on eBay recently).

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Sorry to hear that your cards haven't shown up man. I'll keep looking too though.
Good luck, don't give up. I still check for my stuff on Ebay, nearly everyday....

autocut

This is what it comes down to. It is usually someone you know or a person who knows someone who has been in your home before. For them to strictly go after the graded stuff, and leave the rest alone, its someone you are familiar with that has been in your home.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Jastermereel said:
Don't give up hope. Any thief that isn't totally braindead would wait a while on that sort of thing before they moved it.

Agreed. Don't give up man. I would check all the places online that get the most attention once every other day or something. I know it gets tiresome but I would have a vendetta to get that bastard caught.

Members online