Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Schillingfan's Mail Days (Updated 4/29 - GU Jersey and Hat)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
Yesterday

2005 Diamond Kings Auto/Bat/Jersey #/5
2005%20Diamond%20Kings%20Signature%20Materials%20Framed%20Green%20Black%20and%20White%20Large.jpg

2004 Sweet Spot Press Plate 1/1
2004%20Sweet%20Spot%20Sweet%20Impressions%20Plates%20Yellow.jpg

Today

2004 Classic Clippings Press Plate 1/1
2004%20Classic%20Clippings%20Press%20Proof.jpg

1999 Fleer Brilliants Gold #/99 (I think this one of the most beautiful sets ever and am glad to have finally finished off the rainbow for this set. The Blue parallel should be here soon and then I'll post a scan of the rainbow.)
1999%20Fleer%20Brilliants%20Gold%20Large.jpg

1989 ProCards PSA 9 (1 of 7 according to the population report)
1989%20ProCards%20PSA%209%20Large.jpg

Thanks for looking!

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Re: Schillingfan's Maildays

Nice stuff. I have a small Schilling collection but this is my favorite. I pulled it back in 2002 :cool:

schillauto.jpg

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA

bigpapiMA32 said:
Great pickups. I'm going to send you a PM, I'm sure we can trade duplicates.

I was hoping you'd chime in. I was browsing around and it looks like you have a pretty nice collection yourself. Just so you know, I don't have any duplicates. I just got back into the hobby this week and am trying to play catch up so to say. Feel free to PM me though so we can chat.

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA

rebelpawn said:
Nice stuff. I have a small Schilling collection but this is my favorite. I pulled it back in 2002 :cool:

schillauto.jpg

So jealous. That's amazing that you've held on to it for so long now. If you ever decide to sell it, you know who to talk to.

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA

Here is today's haul.

2005 Upper Deck Press Plate 1/1
2005%20Upper%20Deck%20Press%20Plate.jpg

2008 UD Premier Remnants Quad Jersey #/10
2008%20Upper%20Deck%20Premier%20Remnants%20Quad%20Gold.jpg

1999 Fleer Brilliants Blue. This completes my mini-rainbow for this beautiful set. (Base, Blue, Gold #/99, 24-Karat Gold #/24)
1999%20Fleer%20Brilliants.jpg
1999%20Fleer%20Brilliants%20Blue.jpg
1999%20Fleer%20Brilliants%20Gold.jpg
1999%20Fleer%20Brilliants%2024-Karat%20Gold.jpg

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York

schillingfan said:
Here is today's haul.

1999 Fleer Brilliants Blue. This completes my mini-rainbow for this beautiful set. (Base, Blue, Gold #/99, 24-Karat Gold #/24)
1999FleerBrilliants.png1999FleerBrilliantsBlue.png1999FleerBrilliantsGold.png1999FleerBrilliants24-KaratGoldSmal.png

Nice haul, and sweet website. I gotta do something like that one of these days.

Welcome to the club!
brilliantrainbow.jpg

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA

nevermore said:
schillingfan said:
Here is today's haul.

1999FleerBrilliants.png1999FleerBrilliantsBlue.png1999FleerBrilliantsGold.png1999FleerBrilliants24-KaratGoldSmal.png

Nice haul, and sweet website. I gotta do something like that one of these days.

Welcome to the club!
brilliantrainbow.jpg

Very nice! It was such a beautiful set, especially the 24-Karat Gold parallels. Thanks for sharing!

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA

schillingfan said:
Here is today's haul.

2008 UD Premier Remnants Quad Jersey #/10
2008UpperDeckPremierRemnantsQuadGol.png

Very nice, one of my favorite sets...

curt50.jpg

sock.jpg
I know the auto is messed up but the others I've seen are all like that

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA

rebelpawn: Very nice! It looks like you have quite the nice Schilling collection. I'm envious of some of those!

As for that autograph, :shock: . It looks like he signed it with a broken hand or something because that's not even close. I can't believe Upper Deck's quality control didn't stop something like that from going out.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA

schillingfan said:
rebelpawn: Very nice! It looks like you have quite the nice Schilling collection. I'm envious of some of those!

As for that autograph, :shock: . It looks like he signed it with a broken hand or something because that's not even close. I can't believe Upper Deck's quality control didn't stop something like that from going out.

Thanks man, yeah he's always been a favorite. There's a section in my bucket of some of the stuff I have of him if you're bored and want to check it out.
Yeah I'm not sure what's up with the auto, but they are all like that. Not sure why as I've never seen his auto look like that anywhere else. Weird huh?

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA

rebelpawn said:
schillingfan said:

Thanks man, yeah he's always been a favorite. There's a section in my bucket of some of the stuff I have of him if you're bored and want to check it out.
Yeah I'm not sure what's up with the auto, but they are all like that. Not sure why as I've never seen his auto look like that anywhere else. Weird huh?

I already stalked your bucket. That's what my previous comment was about. :oops:

That sucks that they're all like that because I like the design of the card but that autograph is not his. He either had a broken hand or something because that's not even close. You can check out his autographs on my site and they're all pretty consistent. Very weird stuff.

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA

Huge mail day today!

I got a fantastic deal on these in my opinion. The pictures don't really do them justice. They're much more beautiful in person. The first four are the ones I received today and the last one I already have. Just wanted to show them all next to each other.

#/50, #/38, #/25, #/50, #/50
2004SPGameUsedPatchAll-Star.jpg
2004SPGameUsedPatchAll-StarNumber.jpg
2004SPGameUsedPatchMVP.jpg
2004SPGameUsedPatchWorldSeries.jpg
2004SPGameUsedPatchPremiumSmall.jpg

Thanks to George Calfus for this one again! #/17
2004LeafCertifiedMaterialsFabricoft.jpg

2008 SP Legendary Cuts Memorable Moments 1/1
2008SPLegendaryCutsMemorableMoments.jpg

I received this yesterday but didn't post it. I also received 10 different parallel cards with most of them being #'d.

2000 Aurora Printing Plate 1/1. Bought it from clarkfan on eBay. Oddly, Beckett doesn't have it listed in their database. Anyone know why? It also doesn't have any information on the back like many printing plates. Any help would be appreciated.
2000AuroraPrintingPlate.jpg

Thanks for looking

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008

schillingfan said:
2000 Aurora Printing Plate 1/1. Bought it from clarkfan on eBay. Oddly, Beckett doesn't have it listed in their database. Anyone know why? It also doesn't have any information on the back like many printing plates. Any help would be appreciated.

Best case scenerio is these were backdoored when Pacific closed up shop. Worst case scenerio is they were produced by an unscrupulous person and have no relation at all to Pacific other than using their picture. I'm more inclined to believe #2, but I'm sure most will disagree.

In either case, they wouldn't be in Beckett.

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA

Jastermereel said:
schillingfan said:

Best case scenerio is these were backdoored when Pacific closed up shop. Worst case scenerio is they were produced by an unscrupulous person and have no relation at all to Pacific other than using their picture. I'm more inclined to believe #2, but I'm sure most will disagree.

In either case, they wouldn't be in Beckett.

Hm, interesting. It looks and feels like all of the other plates I have. I did a search on eBay and found a Griffey that had sold recently.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Re: Schillingfan's Maildays (Update on page 2)

If they were backdoored by Pacific, which is possible, but I doubt, then of course they would feel like a plate, because it is a plate. I don't think this is the case, because I remember when all the backdoored Pacific stuff was finding it's way into the market. It showed up fast and furious, but no plates showed. Flash forward to a year or so ago and lots of Fleer Bankruptcy "plates" started showing up, amazingly of only stars. These plates were not sold in the bankruptcy, they were forged to look exactly like any other plate. Another collector on here showed how this was/could be done. I believe it's the same case with the Pacifics.

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
Re: Schillingfan's Maildays (Update on page 2)

Jastermereel said:
If they were backdoored by Pacific, which is possible, but I doubt, then of course they would feel like a plate, because it is a plate. I don't think this is the case, because I remember when all the backdoored Pacific stuff was finding it's way into the market. It showed up fast and furious, but no plates showed. Flash forward to a year or so ago and lots of Fleer Bankruptcy "plates" started showing up, amazingly of only stars. These plates were not sold in the bankruptcy, they were forged to look exactly like any other plate. Another collector on here showed how this was/could be done. I believe it's the same case with the Pacifics.

Crap. That really sucks. :x

Latest posts