Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ever completely start fresh?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
I'm at a time where cards are interesting to me, and I want to collect again.

However, two things. Money is tight. The cards I have right now just aren't interesting to me.

If I sold off everything, I'd have funds. The idea of starting fresh is really appealing to me, it's like starting all over.

Do you think I'll regret selling off everything? I'm probably only going to keep my Wainwright cards, and a select few Cardinals. The others, I have no interest in, but once upon a time, I did.

I know each situation is different, but I really just wanna start fresh. However, I don't wanna regret moving some cards.

What do you think? Thanks a lot.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
yeah, I started completely fresh about 16-17 months ago. I had to throw all my cards out because they were in the area of my old house (pretty much the whole house actually) with the worst kind of black mold. it discouraged me for a while seeing a lot of childhood memories go. not too much valuables but it was enough to make me bummed out. I started fresh and got into the hobby then after a long time from having those cards and Im still having a blast :cool: almost 1 year anniversary of the crusades collection :)

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
donrusscrusademan said:
yeah, I started completely fresh about 16-17 months ago. I had to throw all my cards out because they were in the area of my old house (pretty much the whole house actually) with the worst kind of black mold. it discouraged me for a while seeing a lot of childhood memories go. not too much valuables but it was enough to make me bummed out. I started fresh and got into the hobby then after a long time from having those cards and Im still having a blast :cool: almost 1 year anniversary of the crusades collection :)

I really think I'm going to do it.

I just don't wanna go on to eBay. Except on here, I won't get any interest on my stuff.

cwells46

Aug 7, 2008
Pigeon Forge, TN
I do this alot with my football collection....I will build up a very nice pc and then get bored with it and dump it all, only to start rebuilding after a couple of months...For some reason it always happens during the offseason :lol:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
If you think it will make you happy, than go for it. I personally have never traded a GU or auto except for once, and there will be a day when I get tired of them and start trading them off...

If you have any Glen Perkins, I would be interested in anything that you have

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Yeah I have thought about that as well since most of the stuff I have is from when I was a kid and its all in boxes anyway, just looking to dump them at a garage sale or something. I "somewhat" started over, as I am just really getting into the hobby. I would definitely go for it though, I'm sure it can be very exciting when you start opening up your "first" packs haha. If you do move stuff though LMK what Twins you got.

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
I got rid of all my stuff basically...I just buy what I can sell for a quick and easy profit...I don't really collect...Dont have the time, interest, and space. A lot easier this way because theres a lot less to keep up with; speaking in terms of prospects.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
TGutta said:
Yeah I have thought about that as well since most of the stuff I have is from when I was a kid and its all in boxes anyway, just looking to dump them at a garage sale or something. I "somewhat" started over, as I am just really getting into the hobby. I would definitely go for it though, I'm sure it can be very exciting when you start opening up your "first" packs haha. If you do move stuff though LMK what Twins you got.

Me too. I have a lot of stuff that isn't necessarily worthless enough to throw out, but they're not really worth to sell. Have a lot of diecast cars like this.

I think I am going to go for it.

Thanks for everyone who replied, I PMed all of you who I had stuff for.

I'll be PMing you too!

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
I am going through the same thing man. I have actually sold everything off accept my football stuff (waiting for football season then I will probably move that) and have completly started over doing this 2010 USA bowman Blue ref set. I can say I worry that some of the stuff I sold might come back to haunt me ( my Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw autos) I can say that I am loving the hobby again and having alot of fun doing this set.

In short only you know if it is right for you to start over or not but if you are considering ti that probably tells you how you feel about your current stuff.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
vetsgt02 said:
I am going through the same thing man. I have actually sold everything off accept my football stuff (waiting for football season then I will probably move that) and have completly started over doing this 2010 USA bowman Blue ref set. I can say I worry that some of the stuff I sold might come back to haunt me ( my Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw autos) I can say that I am loving the hobby again and having alot of fun doing this set.

In short only you know if it is right for you to start over or not but if you are considering ti that probably tells you how you feel about your current stuff.

Thanks a lot.

I really like the idea of starting fresh. It's like a brand new beginning. It's like collecting cards all over again.

i am not really starting fresh but trying to thin out the herd as they say. wanting to get it down to a manageable number and reducing the size of it overall... i am running into the same problems you are... some of the stuff i collect isnt rubbish but its not something they will be beating down my doors for either. since i am in no real need to sell it i am weighing two options. cleaning out a closet and letting it just sit... or... doing monster lots by team. one problem i am running into with the second option is i dont know how to price them. the other problem with the selling them option is that i would probably reinvest in the same exact things i just sold...

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
notjomommasclint said:
i am not really starting fresh but trying to thin out the herd as they say. wanting to get it down to a manageable number and reducing the size of it overall... i am running into the same problems you are... some of the stuff i collect isnt rubbish but its not something they will be beating down my doors for either. since i am in no real need to sell it i am weighing two options. cleaning out a closet and letting it just sit... or... doing monster lots by team. one problem i am running into with the second option is i dont know how to price them. the other problem with the selling them option is that i would probably reinvest in the same exact things i just sold...

Yup, I started doing the team lots things too. I have about 100 cards for each team, but after that, it seems like you don't add too much value. On top of that, I have to go through all of my cards, check for dinged corners, good surfaces, and then categorize them.

It's hard to get a good price on them too. I sold one lot for $22 and another lot for $3. Both of equal quality.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
notjomommasclint said:

LMMKP hookup yo.

or ****** bait.
or choc chip cookie bait. :|

Members online

Latest posts