Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Paypal refunded my purchase from the SCAMARTIST thefivemajor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clubhouse sports

Jan 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone else get their refund? I filed a case, escalated it to a claim and got the refund. It took 10 days from the day he printed his shipping label, but at least i got it.

So now that paypal has agreed to refund, is this proof enough someone got scammed? Or does "being scammed" have to be someone not getting the package OR the refund?

People like this should be banned at first posting of any kind of instance like this...it shouldn't take 4-5-6 people to complain.

I hope anyone else who has been SCAMMED has filed a paypapl claim because they will cover you.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
clubhouse sports said:
Anyone else get their refund? I filed a case, escalated it to a claim and got the refund. It took 10 days from the day he printed his shipping label, but at least i got it.

So now that paypal has agreed to refund, is this proof enough someone got scammed? Or does "being scammed" have to be someone not getting the package OR the refund?

People like this should be banned at first posting of any kind of instance like this...it shouldn't take 4-5-6 people to complain.

I hope anyone else who has been SCAMMED has filed a paypapl claim because they will cover you.
Thanked.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
wow club, nice refund score, maybe paypal has changed there rules?
use to be unless the scammer had the money in their account, you couldn't get anything
back unless your CC refunded you. I really doubt ol " jackson hewitt " had any money in his account.
hopefully everyone gets it back.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
So now he should call himself Thescamaristof5members?
And if you and all the others get there money back from him, is it a scam then? And is he even a scam artist?
Because correct me if I am wrong, but a scam is when you don't get anything out of a deal., not even your money back.
So calling him a scammer or a scam artist is a little over the top I think. Yes you bought something and you did not get what you bought, but so far 1 has gotten his money back, and then hopefully the rest will too. So until the cards nor the money arrive on your end there is still no scam.

I buy stuff from ebay and it takes about a week and even longer to get my cards, and I don't jump on here and call all the slow sellers a scam artist just because I did not get my card in like 2 days or even a week for that matter. But if it takes like 2 weeks then I would have to say, I maybe (and I said Maybe) being scammed. Let's let this thing play itself out before we getting on the hatten wagon can we.

clubhouse sports

Jan 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
phillyfan---purchase was on here...and thankfully i didnt send gift....actually no longer have the option to so it worked out!

He SCAMMED a bunch of people...its just frustrating that people were defending him and posts were getting shut down...all some of us were trying to do is inform others whats going on and tell OUR experience with him.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
Pine Tar said:
And if you and all the others get there money back from him, is it a scam then? And is he even a scam artist?
Because correct me if I am wrong, but a scam is when you don't get anything out of a deal., not even your money back.
So calling him a scammer or a scam artist is a little over the top I think. Yes you bought something and you did not get what you bought, but so far 1 has gotten his money back, and then hopefully the rest will too. So until the cards nor the money arrive on your end there is still no scam.

I buy stuff from ebay and it takes about a week and even longer to get my cards, and I don't jump on here and call all the slow sellers a scam artist just because I did not get my card in like 2 days or even a week for that matter. But if it takes like 2 weeks then I would have to say, I maybe (and I said Maybe) being scammed. Let's let this thing play itself out before we getting on the hatten wagon can we.

pine, are you seriously going to say this?
really man, how is it possible for you to say this kind of thing
is no big deal as long as people get there money back??
::facepalm::

A_Pharis

clubhouse sports said:
phillyfan---purchase was on here...and thankfully i didnt send gift....actually no longer have the option to so it worked out!

He SCAMMED a bunch of people...its just frustrating that people were defending him and posts were getting shut down...all some of us were trying to do is inform others whats going on and tell OUR experience with him.

Umm. I will go ahead and throw it out there that I defended him, but not for the reason you obviously comprehended. I was defending the fact that you cannot call someone a thief and a scammer 10 minutes after you send them PayPal, and I still stand behind that. May he be a scammer? Absolutely -- never said he wasn't out to scam anyone, but I did suggest giving someone time, because things happen in life that you don't expect that may delay how transactions play out. Should you expect a little more when such a good deal of money is involved? Absolutely -- but people, EVERYONE, makes mistakes.

I still maintain that you are doing nothing but asking for more trouble when you call someone out instantly - including posting their personal information and threats against them.

Let's look at the situation conversely...

Not 1 but 5 people JUMPED at the opportunity to buy underpriced [flag 1] (but still high-dollar cards) from a BRAND NEW MEMBER [flag 2]. After coming to quick deals, you sent PayPal to someone with the name JACKSON HEWITT [flag 3] -- which is the name of one of the largest tax firms in the country.

That's like having a snake offer you a piece of the best candy on the planet and being surprised when it bites you. At least you got your money back. This all could have gone the SAME EXACT COURSE had it been confined to communicating with the trade mods:

(1) The situation would have been brought to light.
(2) People would have let the situation play out.
(3) People would have gotten their money back.
(4) The guy would get banned and IP flagged.

Instead, there were numerous threads made like he was the first scammer in the history of sports collecting.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:

lol, this is crazy talk. If a bank gets its money back from a bank robber? Is he still a thief?

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
[quote="Pine Tar":229d5q4s]So now he should call himself Thescamaristof5members?

lol, this is crazy talk. If a bank gets its money back from a bank robber? Is he still a thief?[/quote:229d5q4s]

thanked, was hoping i wasnt the only one who saw what you saw

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
boomo said:
AKA Coastal said:
[quote="Pine Tar":biev6vy4]So now he should call himself Thescamaristof5members?

lol, this is crazy talk. If a bank gets its money back from a bank robber? Is he still a thief?

thanked, was hoping i wasnt the only one who saw what you saw[/quote:biev6vy4]

That makes three of us.

clubhouse sports

Jan 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
WOW, this is absolutely hilarious. First of all, thank you to the post about bank robber and thief--EXACTLY right!!!

Second, IMO a scammer is someone who does something to benefit themself, without living up to their end of the deal/contract and intentionally has no intention to make the sitation right. PAYPAL made it right and will hawk him down to get their money. It was TEN DAYS after he printed the label AND NEVER SCANNED by ANY PO anlong the way did i get a refund.

APharis--not being rude, but isn't this site here for us to do business, trade, etc. You call him a new trader, but he had 5 positive and no negatives, etc. If he is a "new trader" aren't you? And the keyword is TRADER/RATING. You have 5600 posts and 6 positive feedback. I have 1/70 the posts and 1 more feedback. Maybe if everyone was here to be informative about opinions related to the hobby/prospecting, etc and to BUY/SELL/TRADE, the site would be a lot better. I made this post to inform other people who ACTUALLY BUY/SELL/TRADE not to deal with him, not to get into an opiniated debate about the definition of a scammer or thief.

Let's focus on trading, and being informative rather than debating, etc. I have simply stated FACTS, not opinions. And i think that's what we should try to do here. I didnt post PERSONAL info..i posted info to help other people who actually try to do business. I am VERY honest, and spend a ton in this hobby and own a LCS. I HATE seeing people try to scam and feel horrible for those who ARE scammed.

clubhouse sports said:
WOW, this is absolutely hilarious. First of all, thank you to the post about bank robber and thief--EXACTLY right!!!

Second, IMO a scammer is someone who does something to benefit themself, without living up to their end of the deal/contract and intentionally has no intention to make the sitation right. PAYPAL made it right and will hawk him down to get their money. It was TEN DAYS after he printed the label AND NEVER SCANNED by ANY PO anlong the way did i get a refund.

APharis--not being rude, but isn't this site here for us to do business, trade, etc. You call him a new trader, but he had 5 positive and no negatives, etc. If he is a "new trader" aren't you? And the keyword is TRADER/RATING. You have 5600 posts and 6 positive feedback. I have 1/70 the posts and 1 more feedback. Maybe if everyone was here to be informative about opinions related to the hobby/prospecting, etc and to BUY/SELL/TRADE, the site would be a lot better. I made this post to inform other people who ACTUALLY BUY/SELL/TRADE not to deal with him, not to get into an opiniated debate about the definition of a scammer or thief.

Let's focus on trading, and being informative rather than debating, etc. I have simply stated FACTS, not opinions. And i think that's what we should try to do here. I didnt post PERSONAL info..i posted info to help other people who actually try to do business. I am VERY honest, and spend a ton in this hobby and own a LCS. I HATE seeing people try to scam and feel horrible for those who ARE scammed.

you DID NOT post information that was above and beyond anything that was important to the situation! no one deserves to be scammed... EVER!!!! however no one needs to take things above and beyond information important to the situation (which you did not do). so whether or not he took a firefighters test or cat scan is moot! no matter how much you spend more than the rest of us or what you own thats better than the rest of us you arent as important to the hobby as you feel! i wouldnt deal with either of you! him because of the lack of ethics and you... well see previous statements!

***edit*** not to mention the fact you are the same person who was all pissy when you lost your paypal because you ABUSED the gift option! you also need to apologize to A PHARIS for the **** you talked to him! he has never done anything but help those that collect and has always been a great member!!!

A_Pharis

clubhouse sports said:
APharis--not being rude, but isn't this site here for us to do business, trade, etc.

Actually, this is a HOBBY board where transactions are a PORTION of the Hobby.

Edit: I want to reiterate --> HOBBY. Your choice to make it a business is your own so please do not force that onto to people who collect as a HOBBY. (i.e. Baseball HOBBY-talk)

clubhouse sports said:
You call him a new trader, but he had 5 positive and no negatives, etc. If he is a "new trader" aren't you? And the keyword is TRADER/RATING. You have 5600 posts and 6 positive feedback. I have 1/70 the posts and 1 more feedback.

Actually, I'm far from a "new trader". If you look in my sig, you'd notice that I only collect very specific things - which does not include items to attempt to flip, which in a few people's minds is part of what's wrong with the transactions board here. Everyone is looking for an opportunity to make money - which I do not. So no, I am not a new trader, and most of my posts come from discussions with people that I'd consider friends rather than tools to make a buck.

HE was a new trader in the essence that he had just joined the boards, and went straight to the transactions board before making a name for himself.

clubhouse sports said:
Maybe if everyone was here to be informative about opinions related to the hobby/prospecting, etc and to BUY/SELL/TRADE, the site would be a lot better.

There's plenty of informative discussions about trade here... it takes place on the transactions boards and the trader info. boards. There's also daily threads here talking about good/bad sellers, polls asking about deals and steals, links to BINs that people think others may be interested in, weekday/weekend pick-up threads and tons more. I'd say there is actually a LOT of discussion and information here about all aspects of the hobby so I'm not exactly sure what you're basing this observation on.

clubhouse sports said:
I made this post to inform other people who ACTUALLY BUY/SELL/TRADE not to deal with him, not to get into an opiniated debate about the definition of a scammer or thief.

Very fine and good that that's your prerogative, but you obviously know there had been prior discussions on him so it's not like you were doing something new. You also know he hasn't logged back in, and has probably been flagged by the mods... so that's nothing new. You also know there is a board called "Trader Info" that people can read about traders - also which is not new.

As a matter of fact, by the tone you take I'd say you were out to stir the pot and to make yourself feel better about the fact that you made a pretty hasty transaction that burned you. In other words - playing the helpless victim.

A_Pharis

notjomommasclint said:
you DID post information that was above and beyond anything that was important to the situation! no one deserves to be scammed... EVER!!!! however no one needs to take things above and beyond information important to the situation. so whether or not he took a firefighters test or cat scan is moot! no matter how much you spend more than the rest of us or what you own thats better than the rest of us you arent as important to the hobby as you feel! i wouldnt deal with either of you! him because of the lack of ethics and you... well see previous statements!

I think that was danimal, but your point is made.

Members online

Latest posts