Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

d-Backs 1st round draft pick fails Physical

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Ouch, I was just reading about this kid a few hours ago. I say they cut their losses and take the 7th pick next year.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Tom Oates said:
Ouch, I was just reading about this kid a few hours ago. I say they cut their losses and take the 7th pick next year.

I would agree with this. Didn't like the pick when it was made. Getting the 7th next year wouldn't be so bad.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
With all the talent (and $$ spent) they got in the 2009 Draft they probably won't sign him. Next years #7 will be a much more talented player, plus they save the money which can be put towards the haul Latin players they signed this week.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Mulligan! Strange pick to begin with. I would tell the kid thanks but no thanks and take the pick in next year's much stronger draft class.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
It's kind of crummy for them to have the option of re-picking next year. They did their homework and got buyer's remorse? The kid shouldn't have to pay for their cold feet.

People extol the virtues of baseball's slot system all the time, but if it's going to work, teams have to respect the slots and pay for their draft picks.

Members online