Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bummed about 2010 National, who's going in 2011?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I wish I could go this year, but it's been a hectic year and it's just not close enough considering current circumstances. I'm still looking forward to the FCB broadcast though :D .

Anyway, next year, I plan to attend in Chicago. It's a little closer and things should settle down for me a bit by then. I'll hopefully have a little more disposable income by then as well. Anyone else not going this year, but already planning to attend next year like me? Anyone else planning to attend this and next year? Looking forward to hanging out and meeting some of you.

Eric

autocut

WoundedDuck said:
I wish I could go this year, but it's been a hectic year and it's just not close enough considering current circumstances. I'm still looking forward to the FCB broadcast though :D .

Anyway, next year, I plan to attend in Chicago. It's a little closer and things should settle down for me a bit by then. I'll hopefully have a little more disposable income by then as well. Anyone else not going this year, but already planning to attend next year like me? Anyone else planning to attend this and next year? Looking forward to hanging out and meeting some of you.

Eric

If it is in Chicago, I can definately go and kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Has the days been announced?

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
tonsofcommons said:
I will be there in 2011.

Now just have to tell the wife! :^)

already told mine. She might even come with the kids and make a little vacation out of it and do some stuff during the day while I'm at the show. I'll probably try to talk her out of it though as I'm sure it won't work out that way. :p

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Next year it will be held august 3-7 at the Donald e Stevens convention center. As for the following years, I Think remember finding a link a while back that announced locations for a few years, but I can't find it now.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Next year it will be held august 3-7 at the Donald e Stevens convention center. As for the following years, I Think remember finding a link a while back that announced locations for a few years, but I can't find it now.

autocut

WoundedDuck said:

Hmm ok. I'm getting married in chicago in July, so I'll see.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Erich said:
How far out do they announce the locations? Where is it after Chicago?

They usually announce the locations 3 years in advance. However, they are still looking for a location for the 2012 National. 2013 will be in Chicago again. The last newsletter they sent out said they were meeting with Atlantic City officials about hosting the 2012 show there. I sure hope they pass because the last show in AC was horrendous.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
JVC said:
Erich said:

They usually announce the locations 3 years in advance. However, they are still looking for a location for the 2012 National. 2013 will be in Chicago again. The last newsletter they sent out said they were meeting with Atlantic City officials about hosting the 2012 show there. I sure hope they pass because the last show in AC was horrendous.
They need to bring it back to Atlanta. Do people try and bring it to their city?

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Erich said:
JVC said:
Erich said:

They need to bring it back to Atlanta. Do people try and bring it to their city?

They like to keep it in the middle of the country as much as they can to make it easier for the dealers. Not sure how much lobbying is done to bring it to certain cities but you can always try contacting the National board of directors and plead your case.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
JVC said:
Erich said:
JVC said:
Erich said:

They like to keep it in the middle of the country as much as they can to make it easier for the dealers. Not sure how much lobbying is done to bring it to certain cities but you can always try contacting the National board of directors and plead your case.
I think Gilmo should do that. He does run the best message board on the net and it is in Atlanta.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
JVC said:
Erich said:

45 minute drive for me... ;)

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Awesome. Had no idea next year's national would be in Chicago!
Living in Chicago, now I'll finally have the chance to go.
:D

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
If they came up to Minneapolis (we have a GREAT convention center right across the street from the Xcel Center I believe, I know I have been in it before) then I could go.

Chicago isn't too far away though, as we live in Southern MN, so I am sure it will be the closest opurtunity that I can get, and since I have 2 years to capitailize on it, then I might try and go.

Members online

Latest posts