Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jeff Bagwell named new hitting coach (help HOF vote)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Definitely, I thought he was a hof'er even before this news released a few moments ago. As a Stros fan I am AMPED to have Bag's aboard!!! Now if we can only get a head coach & some good base coache's! :D

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
This should have no baring whatsoever on his HOF voting as he's being voted as a player, not a coach. Coaching has absolutely nothing to do with the player side of HOF voting...

Regardless, the only thing that may keep Bagwell out of the HOF is any potential thought of steroid usage.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Sly said:
This should have no baring whatsoever on his HOF voting as he's being voted as a player, not a coach. Coaching has absolutely nothing to do with the player side of HOF voting...

Regardless, the only thing that may keep Bagwell out of the HOF is any potential thought of steroid usage.
Then Pete Rose should go in if its just based on being a player!!

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Casebusters said:
Sly said:

Then Pete Rose should go in if its just based on being a player!!

You're absolutely right...but Rose agreed to a lifetime ban from baseball as a player AND manager.

I've actually said for years that Rose did his betting as a manager, and it should have no baring on him going in as a hitter...cause he's definitely not going in as a manager, but he damn well should be in as a player.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
Sly said:

Not that I disagree with you, but would like to add writer vote the HOF ballot. Bagwell being nice to reporter and allow interview can only help his chances. Is good to see him back in the spotlight. I personally feel he can still play along with Mo Vaughn (forced retirement due to team not want to pay remaining contract that is cover by their insurance).

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
triple percent line- .297/.408/.540 plus a ROY and MVP

who needs a set # of homers to get in? theres more to the game than that. I say hes in, and being a coach to a listless team wont make a difference, and shouldnt make a difference. :cry:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Sweet! Maybe he will now be at some local signings instead of having to catch him in Austin or Waco at the caravan.

As for HOF...I think he is extremely borderline. He was really good but his numbers don't quite reach the HOF status he needs. Too many power hitters played during his era with better numbers. If he could ahve just hung on for another two years he'd be a lock.

One thing that I am still waiting for is the roids usage to slip out. The Houston media doesn't have much to hype up anymore since he and Biggio quit and since the rockets are no longer relevant and the Texans never have been. We never have had a whole lot to hype up. So it seems our local media is really hellbent on not airing dirty laundry. But I am personally convinced he took roids. Would it make me not like him any more? Nope. I have decided roids or no...he was still my favorite player to watch. But I think if someone were really going to do some digging, they'd find a lot. The way I see it...there are two kinds of people. Those who realize it and accept it, and those who choose to look the other way because they don't want to accept it.

Members online

Latest posts