Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Bowman Red Strasburg 1/1 AUTO Up For Auction.....BGS 9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
If that's a 9, then there are going to be a lot of resubmissions to Beckett (unless that's their idea).

Good to see it listed through a real auction house though, to help remove the bogus bids.

RiceLynnEvans75 said:
OK, I'm sorry but I'm not REALLY familiar with BGS other than what I did with them about 10 years ago and reading about the BGS 9.5 superfractor. However, if I'm to go based only on this photo, I would have to disagree with the grade on this card as well.

http://www.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/showitem.pl?itemid=23810

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Sean_C said:
If that's a 9, then there are going to be a lot of resubmissions to Beckett (unless that's their idea).

Good to see it listed through a real auction house though, to help remove the bogus bids.

RiceLynnEvans75 said:
OK, I'm sorry but I'm not REALLY familiar with BGS other than what I did with them about 10 years ago and reading about the BGS 9.5 superfractor. However, if I'm to go based only on this photo, I would have to disagree with the grade on this card as well.

http://www.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/showitem.pl?itemid=23810

I was just amazed at all the white I saw on the corners/edges that I didn't think they deserved that high of a grade. Eh, whatever. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
That black background really highlights the edges/corners in a exaggerated way. Having said that, it did get a 8.5 on the corners...

Personally, I think it's spot on. But at the very least, much better grading than the super.

My only concern is what they are going to do to get the proper advertisment...?

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
i would personally of just got it authenticated.....

Love how it only got a 9 with 8.5 corners..... I would be suprised if this tops 20K an even 15K would be surprising.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
I'm sure they'll be advertising it heavily in the hobby mags and what not. Who knows, even ESPN and the mainstream press might get involved (I'm sure that's what H&S is hoping for).

I'm just glad to see H&S with an item like that, as it helps to legitimize modern card sales through auction houses. H&S was the first to embrace them, and I'm glad to see it work for them. I really think they are my favorite auction house at this point.

matfanofold said:
That black background really highlights the edges/corners in a exaggerated way. Having said that, it did get a 8.5 on the corners...

Personally, I think it's spot on. But at the very least, much better grading than the super.

My only concern is what they are going to do to get the proper advertisment...?

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Already another thread on card in this auction somewhere on here.

BGS grading is pretty much gone to crap. The super has entire frayed edge and poor centering and it gets 9.5

The red has 4 white corners and still gets a 9.

I guess it's good for business. Seems everybody on this site is submitting 2010 chrome cards and gems are getting handed out left right. 9.5's are a dime a dozen nowadays.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
In case you didn't know, people that are willing to drop 20K on a card generally look pretty damn hard to get that card.

I know whenever I want something I never stop looking and if something good surfaces, people find a way to tell me about it. I'm not really talking about cards, but you get the point.

Members online

Latest posts