Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why would the Rockies move Chacin to the pen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
The 22 year old have bas been arguably the Rockies second best pitcher next to Jimenez, what they hell are they thinking screwing around with him like this? I am biased (as a Chacin fan/investor), but I just can't see HOW this can be viewed as a good idea...Jorge De La Rosa is supplanting him in the rotation? I could understand it if you felt that the returning SP gave you a better chance to win, but I don't see how anyone could see that; Not only was Chacin pitching effectively (3.5 ERA as starter, 10 K per 9 innings, etc...), he was also gaining valuable experience. I feel that once Chacin gets some polish at the major league level, he could have the opportunity to be a dominant starting pitcher; the stuff, youth, and work ethic is there, he just needs to work on command.

Sorry for the rant, but I am just having a hard time comprehending this.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
The only possible solution is that the Rockies wanted to limit his innings (ala the Strasburg situation), but still; you are in a playoff race, don't sabotage your team just to save money down the line.

Members online

Latest posts