Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Viva Padilla!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
Why do people break the oldest rule in baseball? It really ticks me off when the announcer of the game talk about a ongoing NO NO. Unreal as soon as they mentioned it the Cubs hit a double.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
vetsgt02 said:
Why do people break the oldest rule in baseball? It really ticks me off when the announcer of the game talk about a ongoing NO NO. Unreal as soon as they mentioned it the Cubs hit a double.

I don't think that is the oldest rule in baseball...

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
kentuckyderby said:
because not all have been watching or listening since first pitch

they don't care about a jinx
they are trying to announce and get listeners/viewers to stay aboard

BS. IF you care enough to watch a baseball game you will know enough to check the stat line. The announcer for the game should not say it it is annoying.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
if I'm flipping thru channels and had no idea it was a potential no hitter I might keep on flipping and maybe watch Cake Boss or Lockup

I consider myself an old-school guy (ie as a coach I never step on the foul lines when on a baseball field) but I see no problem if announcers mention no-hitter
It's a different story if one of the players mentioned it to the pitcher

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
kentuckyderby said:
if I'm flipping thru channels and had no idea it was a potential no hitter I might keep on flipping and maybe watch Cake Boss or Lockup

I consider myself an old-school guy (ie as a coach I never step on the foul lines when on a baseball field) but I see no problem if announcers mention no-hitter
It's a different story if one of the players mentioned it to the pitcher

We will have to agree to disagree here.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
I was watching the game but come on, you had to know that Padilla isn't capable of throwing a no-hitter at this point of his career. I'm as big a Dodger fan as anyone but I would never believe he could do it. Especially after 5 innings Padilla seems to always fade. Anyways I'm glad they are winning. Go Dodgers!

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
Rickzcards said:
I was watching the game but come on, you had to know that Padilla isn't capable of throwing a no-hitter at this point of his career. I'm as big a Dodger fan as anyone but I would never believe he could do it. Especially after 5 innings Padilla seems to always fade. Anyways I'm glad they are winning. Go Dodgers!

I am not speaking of only tonight's game it always drives me crazy. I usually put the game on mute after the 6th inning so I do not have to listen to the announcer.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
vetsgt02 said:
Rickzcards said:

I am not speaking of only tonight's game it always drives me crazy. I usually put the game on mute after the 6th inning so I do not have to listen to the announcer.

You have issues. ;)

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
sethyarkony said:
vetsgt02 said:
Rickzcards said:

You have issues. ;)
I am a purist :)

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
vetsgt02 said:
sethyarkony said:
vetsgt02 said:
Rickzcards said:

You have issues. ;)
I am a purist :)[/quote]

so your relatives came to the New World aboard the Mayflower?

oh wait, that's Pilgrims and Puritans :p

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
kentuckyderby said:
vetsgt02 said:
sethyarkony said:
vetsgt02 said:
Rickzcards said:

You have issues. ;)
I am a purist :)[/quote]

so your relatives came to the New World aboard the Mayflower?

oh wait, that's Pilgrims and Puritans :p
:lol:

Members online

Latest posts