Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What team has best MILB talent?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
I am wondering what everyone's opinion is in terms of what organization has the best farm system right now?

For me, it's close-but I have to go with the Royals. To me, they have 5 nice or better talents in Moustakas, Hosmer, Montgomery, John Lamb, and Wil Myers. Then, they have guys like Danny Duffy, Aaron Crow, Melville, Christian Colon, Chris Dwyer, and even Kila Ka'aihue to name a few. I may be in the minority, but I really like what they are doing. It is more top heavy I guess, but with the 5 guys I mentioned, that gives the folks in KC something to look forward to in the future.

So, what is your opinion, and why?

robertwolf1

Aug 8, 2008
I don't know who has the best but I think the Astros could give anyone a run for their money to be the worst.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I'm a big fan of the Royals' organization as well.

In a year or two, I think the Angels are going to be looking pretty good with all the early picks they've had in the last two drafts. And even if none of those guys pan out, they'll still have Mike Trout :cool:

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I'm a big fan of the Royals' organization as well.

In a year or two, I think the Angels are going to be looking pretty good with all the early picks they've had in the last two drafts. And even if none of those guys pan out, they'll still have Mike Trout :cool:

Mike Trout > Tim Salmon ... Gotta love them Angelfish

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Right now, this second?

I think you have to go with the Rays, Royals, Braves.

But I'm sure there's going to be one or two jack-ass Yankee fans who are going to insist that they belong in that group.

:)

I may put the Nationals up there too if Harper was signed.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I think you should stipulate what type of talent you're looking to rank. A few teams have tonnes of low-level talent that have a good shot of being impact players but very little talent that's even remotely close to the big-leagues. Team's build differently depending on their free-agent budget as well. Baltimore's also called up their entire farm-system since the start of the year..

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
pigskincardboard said:
I think you should stipulate what type of talent you're looking to rank. A few teams have tonnes of low-level talent that have a good shot of being impact players but very little talent that's even remotely close to the big-leagues. Team's build differently depending on their free-agent budget as well. Baltimore's also called up their entire farm-system since the start of the year..

Basically, just who do you think has the best farm system right now, today.

However you base it, just elaborate on who you think has the best farm system. I said the Royals because I think they have potentially 5 top 35 talents in Moustakas, Hosmer, Montgomery, Lamb, and Myers. In my opinion(and others may disagree, which is fine), I think the top farm system needs to have big names like these guys.

I just thought it would be interesting to hear everyone's opinion, but more importantly why they chose who they did.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
chompsmcgee said:
pigskincardboard said:
Sly said:
Hallsgator said:
topprospectalert said:
Seattle Mariners = LOADED
Yes.

Agreed...I like the idea of these guys in the infield in the near future:

1B - Smoak/Poythress
2B - Ackley
SS - Franklin
3B - Raben/Liddi

that's a whole lot of doubles power right there.

Smoak/Poythress will have their share of dingers
Peguero will knock them all in.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts