Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PayPal F'n Sucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Ok....so I've been out of work for a while (just got back into work this week). So, I decided to sell off most of my better cards to try to make ends meet. Today, I get an e-mail telling me my account has been limited because of unusual or suspicious activity. There have been no claims, no negative feedbacks, no problems, no anything. The only thing that has been unusual is that I've been selling stuff like a mad man. What I find unusual is that I recently got the designation of "Top Customer." I guess this is how they treat their top customers. When I called, the lady said that she could not give me any information on why the account was limited and that only the security department can unlimit it. I now have to send an e-mail to the security department asking for them to unlock it. What a f'n joke. PAYPAL ******* SUCKS!

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
I believe if you go a few months with little to no activity and all of a sudden you have a ton of money coming in they freeze your account so they can verify its all legit.

pgwtamu

Feb 13, 2009
if it's the same e-mail I got a few months back when my paypal activity went up....I think it's a scam.....does it ask you to verify any information through the email??

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
pgwtamu said:
if it's the same e-mail I got a few months back when my paypal activity went up....I think it's a scam.....does it ask you to verify any information through the email??

No...it's legit. I never click links through my e-mail and always just type Paypal.com into my browser. This was further confirmed when I called PayPal's support line and had to enter my customer pin.

As far as it being legit...there's 100% positive feedback on eBay (where 99% of these transactions have taken place) and the rest have been on here.

Just rediculous.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Yeah, I got my account 'limited' for the second time in six months this past weekend. There wasn't anything suspicious going on either time, oddly enough. I haven't even been selling a lot of stuff. Everything I have bought has been delivered to my home address. I honestly don't know how they decide whose account to lock; it must be some kind of dartboard system.

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
Groat said:
Yeah, I got my account 'limited' for the second time in six months this past weekend. There wasn't anything suspicious going on either time, oddly enough. I haven't even been selling a lot of stuff. Everything I have bought has been delivered to my home address. I honestly don't know how they decide whose account to lock; it must be some kind of dartboard system.

Seems that way...ironically, this is the time when I need this damned account the most.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
ballcardzdotcom said:
Groat said:

Seems that way...ironically, this is the time when I need this damned account the most.

Yah, it's unbelievably annoying.

I don't sell a tonne, so if I decide to sell $1000 worth of cards, it means that I generally want that money to use online for something, preferably right away.

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
pigskincardboard said:
ballcardzdotcom said:
Groat said:

Yah, it's unbelievably annoying.

I don't sell a tonne, so if I decide to sell $1000 worth of cards, it means that I generally want that money to use online for something, preferably right away.

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
ballcardzdotcom said:
trademhigh said:
If I were you I'd be about to calling them again.

I'm going to give them time to respond. The lady I spoke with said I'd have a response in 24-48 hours. If that doesn't work, I unleash hell on their 1-800 number.
Wow and this will be the right thing to do. Once you unleash on them I'm sure they will unlock your account and let you have your funds. Look I know it can be frustrated, but cooler heads will prevail. time to claim down and let them workout whatever it is they think they need to do.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Pine Tar said:
ballcardzdotcom said:
trademhigh said:
If I were you I'd be about to calling them again.

I'm going to give them time to respond. The lady I spoke with said I'd have a response in 24-48 hours. If that doesn't work, I unleash hell on their 1-800 number.
Wow and this will be the right thing to do. Once you unleash on them I'm sure they will unlock your account and let you have your funds. Look I know it can be frustrated, but cooler heads will prevail. time to claim down and let them workout whatever it is they think they need to do.

That's hardly the case.

They say they have a computer that checks out suspicious activity and they can't do all that much to tell you why or when it'll be unlocked.

They must be so fed up with listening to people complain that I feel bad for them.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
ballcardzdotcom said:
sethyarkony said:
I sell lots of cardz with weeks sometimes months in between my auctions and always get money and nothing gets messed up. I guess I am just good at selling cardz.

13zvhfm.jpg

Well aren't you a bowl full of cherries?

or he's selling $20s worth of cards. I think you normally have to break the $500-$1000 mark for them to get *randomly* upset.

Also, i'm talking like years between selling cards.

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
pigskincardboard said:
ballcardzdotcom said:
sethyarkony said:
I sell lots of cardz with weeks sometimes months in between my auctions and always get money and nothing gets messed up. I guess I am just good at selling cardz.

13zvhfm.jpg

or he's selling $20s worth of cards. I think you normally have to break the $500-$1000 mark for them to get *randomly* upset.

I've broken that mark every few months for the past few years...not really sure what this is all about...

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
ballcardzdotcom said:
pigskincardboard said:
ballcardzdotcom said:
sethyarkony said:

13zvhfm.jpg

I've broken that mark every few months for the past few years...not really sure what this is all about...

Dunno, I hadn't sold for a while and sold a bunch and got nailed almost a year ago now.

The said one possibility was that someone had paid for an item with a stolen credit card. They often assume people that steal credit cards apparently use eBay to pay themselves.. yanno?

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
pigskincardboard said:
ballcardzdotcom said:
pigskincardboard said:
ballcardzdotcom said:
sethyarkony said:

13zvhfm.jpg

Dunno, I hadn't sold for a while and sold a bunch and got nailed almost a year ago now.

The said one possibility was that someone had paid for an item with a stolen credit card. They often assume people that steal credit cards apparently use eBay to pay themselves.. yanno?

All that would make sense, but wouldn't doing a chargeback on the account make more sense than to lock the whole thing down so NO business gets done? I've brought in probably $2500-$3000 in fees for them this past year and this is the thanks I get. Jassacks..

Dec 10, 2008
This just happened to me as well. I use paypal to buy, but just started selling some items. They locked my account, and I have to jump through all kinds of hoops to "verify" its my account, and I am located where my account lists. I have to verify a phone number, but it cant be a cell, and I don't have a landline, among many other things. Its been going on almost a week. Funny, they weren't so worried when I was spending thousands. Also absolutely retarded: I can't even use my eBay bucks while this is going on. Trying to pay for some auctions, and even after eBay bucks the amount owed is $0, yet I can't until this is cleared up. They said 1-4 more days ::facepalm::

Members online

No members online now.