Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Buck Showalter Is Your New Orioles Manager!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
According to Ed Rogers of MLB Fanhouse, Buck Showalter has agreed to terms to become the next manager of the Baltimore Orioles. He is expected to take the field on either "Saturday or Sunday". On his initial interview, Showalter layed out a comprehensive plan to make the Orioles contenders. I'm excited about this move.

James

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
He's gonna have beaucoup young guys to work with!

Good luck Buck! Let's take it back to your Yankees and make the O's competitive again. I can't wait.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Buck probably won't last the year unless he phones into ESPN every night with "What's Bugging Buck?". The sometimes lack of fundamentals of the young kids (and even vets who should know better) probably will eat away at him.

I wonder what's going to happen to Tim Kurkjien who won't have his buddy to watch the games with. ;)

tigsfan

Aug 15, 2008
Michigan
rsmath said:
I wonder what's going to happen to Tim Kurkjien who won't have his buddy to watch the games with. ;)
I thought Kurkjien was the new bench coach. Never again will you have to ask this.

:lol:

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Great move on the O's part. Buck is well known to be an excellent manager when it comes to younger players, which the O's have plenty of. Here's hoping he can bring the O's back to the world of relevance!

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
So he will geet them to where they will win the divsion.. but he will have to get fired or quit first..

Look at his record.. teams have won the World Series the next year after he was gone.. (Except for Texas)

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Pinbreaker said:
So he will geet them to where they will win the divsion.. but he will have to get fired or quit first..

Look at his record.. teams have won the World Series the next year after he was gone.. (Except for Texas)

Ha! I was just going to say this. I give him partial credit for the 1996 Yankees. He got them close in 1994 (no WS played) and 1995 and was then replaced.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
moxacaine said:
Thats great news for O's fans but until the team is under new ownership i dont think there will be much of a change.
Couldn't agree more Ken.
I was hoping for Buck... but until Cal buys out Pete, we are screwed. :|

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Russ S. said:
moxacaine said:
Thats great news for O's fans but until the team is under new ownership i dont think there will be much of a change.
Couldn't agree more Ken.

This sounds horrible, but how old is he?

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
markakis8 said:
Russ S. said:
moxacaine said:
Couldn't agree more Ken.

This sounds horrible, but how old is he?

If you are talking about Peter, he's 81. Hoping he will have the same cause of death as The Boss' soon... (I know I shouldn't say that out of respect for Steinbrenner, but Angelos needs to be gone, period).

As for now, the O's has not publicly announced that Buck is the O's manager. We will see what happens today or tomorrow at latest. I wonder what happens to Juan Samuel - hope he will stay and assist Buck...

Latest posts