Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A neat TTM auto with a longwinded story, too!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Hi all,

I have been a fan of Jim Fregosi for about 35 years now. Back in 1979 I met Jim when my mom took me to a public appearance at Anaheim Patio and Fireside. At that time, I was a couple months shy of 12 years old and was absolutely thrilled to meet him. He had just become the new manager of the Angels.

I got my picture taken with him and he signed a baseball for me. The autograph on the baseball has faded to almost nothing, now, but I still have the ball.

I decided to write a note to Jim and ask him to sign a copy of the original photo for me.

The other day he was at FanFest in Anaheim, only 15 minutes from my home, but I didn't know about it until it was too late. Huge bummer!

Felt better today when I opened the mail to find this for me!

scan0013.jpg

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Thanks, guys.

It is weird that I can remember virtually every detail about that day 31 years ago, but often forget my PIN number at the bank... :benson:

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Wow, that is very cool Andrew!!! I wonder what Jim thought when he saw the picture, i wonder if he still remembers that moment? Anyways... congrats on the great return.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
JackLondon said:
Hi all,

I have been a fan of Jim Fregosi for about 35 years now. Back in 1979 I met Jim when my mom took me to a public appearance at Anaheim Patio and Fireside. At that time, I was a couple months shy of 12 years old and was absolutely thrilled to meet him. He had just become the new manager of the Angels.

I got my picture taken with him and he signed a baseball for me. The autograph on the baseball has faded to almost nothing, now, but I still have the ball.

I decided to write a note to Jim and ask him to sign a copy of the original photo for me.

The other day he was at FanFest in Anaheim, only 15 minutes from my home, but I didn't know about it until it was too late. Huge bummer!

Felt better today when I opened the mail to find this for me!

scan0013.jpg
Look at the Weber big kettle in the back ground.

Oh yeah and Andrew the picture is cool too. :D

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Wow, what a great memory! I hope that someday I can give my kids the chance to create memories like the one your Mom was able to give you.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
ronfromfresno said:
Wow, what a great memory! I hope that someday I can give my kids the chance to create memories like the one your Mom was able to give you.
Actually his mom was stalking him, and she used the kid as a ploy! :lol:

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
ronfromfresno said:

Thanks! She was a great mom, raising three rowdy kids all by herself in the 60's and 70's. I learned a love of baseball from her. She was almost as thrilled to meet him as I was, since she had seen him play in the mid 60's and was a huge fan. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts