Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The decline of prices, crappy sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
[ebay:v6nq2dw1]190415637156[/ebay:v6nq2dw1]

Thought this would have went for more than I paid for it 3 years ago. Unfortunately I lost about $50
Economy + tuesday morning ending + ??? = crappy price for me and decent price for buyer.

Ohh well, win some, lose some. Although, oddly enough, the Feller auto I sold went for $15 more than i paid and the Rizzuto $15 more as well. Still $20 in the hole :benson:

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
trademhigh said:
Damn, cool card. I would've paid that for that card.
Same. Thats a sweet card. I always thought they should do a chrome grab bag product. Like 05-2010 and have HOF Player autos for every year. 05 Hank Aaron 06 Cal Ripken ect. ect. That way you can pull the big names like braun and Longoria and can also get some HOFers

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Damn it I would have paid that and a bit more. But still not a real bad sale

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I agree about Tuesday morning endings, you just can't end stuff during the work day and expect to get top dollar.

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
Ian Stewart said:
I bought it. Thanks for the deal.
You're welcome! ;) I'll make sure it gets to you right away. Dropping card in the mail in about 20 minutes Enjoy!

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
That's a sharp looking card, but others may be on to something re: the mismatch of Chrome and HOFers. I kinda like the look of the card, but not nearly as much as the Heritage style "plain" designs (for HOFers).

Also, 150 is a fairly high print run on a Mays autograph, isn't it?

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
maxpower said:
That's a sharp looking card, but others may be on to something re: the mismatch of Chrome and HOFers. I kinda like the look of the card, but not nearly as much as the Heritage style "plain" designs (for HOFers).

its a beautiful card in hand, better than heritage in my opinion. 150 considering there are no parallels and that this is the first to sell in about 18 months, id consider it a pretty rare card.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
sneekc said:
maxpower said:

its a beautiful card in hand, better than heritage in my opinion. 150 considering there are no parallels and that this is the first to sell in about 18 months, id consider it a pretty rare card.

That's very true about the parallels. A lot of those DLP Mays autos are /25, but with 18 different versions. Also, I totally hear you on the beauty of Chrome and I can imagine that the card is sharp in person.

It's probably just eBay price volatility. I suspect you could have done better with BIN/BO, if you didn't need the money right away.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts