Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How rare is this card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
scan0004.jpg

some #'s on Ebay bring in the $$ but Idk I figured since it was #200 it might be worth more than the others?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
the ones that bring money are the ones from less broken sets like update and highlights not just random numbers.

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
Oh, how do I tell which are from which set? I think its from topps chrome as I busted ALOT of it. lol.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
MarlinsManiac20 said:
Oh, how do I tell which are from which set? I think its from topps chrome as I busted ALOT of it. lol.

I forget, I think you may want to check the checklists they may say something like arod road to 500 100-150. But The person above is correct it was opening day I was thinking of not updates and highlights. NO one busted that crap, and anyone attempting to put the arod sets need those #'s. I remember when they where selling for the same price as a box that used to crack me up.

cartertr

Jun 27, 2010
I'm trying to build that set right now. That card has a high book value of $3 bucks so you could probably sell it for $1. You say you have a bunch of them. Any chance you are willing to trade for them? I'm just starting up building the set so I only have about 10-15% of the cards. PM me if you are interested in getting rid of them.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Pretty sure the rare ones are from Opening Day, they are #d 76-100 if I remember correctly.

edit:
76-100 book at $40, so I'd say those are the OD ones.
401-425 book at $15, not sure what set they came from.
451-499 book at $10, not sure as well.
500 books at $25, again not sure what set.

All the others book at $3, so those probably include base Topps, etc.

zep33

Aug 24, 2008
Cape Cod, Mass
nyc3 said:
MarlinsManiac20 said:

I forget, I think you may want to check the checklists they may say something like arod road to 500 100-150. But The person above is correct it was opening day I was thinking of not updates and highlights. NO one busted that crap, and anyone attempting to put the arod sets need those #'s. I remember when they where selling for the same price as a box that used to crack me up.

I think it has more to do with the rate of insertion with Opening Day than no one opening the product.

cartertr

Jun 27, 2010
I guess to better answer your question, it is not rare. Of all the cards in the set, #76-#100 are the rarest (valued at $40 High BV each), #401-#425 are second rarest (valued at $15 high BV each), #451-#499 are third rarest (valued at $10 each). #500 is pretty rare too valued at $25 High BV. None are serial numbered of the basic set though.

chrome_ball

Aug 7, 2008
Michigan
I believe the most valuable ones were from Bowman Sterling due to the box cost and scarcity of the cards. There were other sets that these were harder to pull out of, but I believe the ones from Bowman Sterling are the toughest to find.

Members online

Latest posts