Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help! Is this card counterfeit? Ryan Howard Bat Auto 2/4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bizzle

Dec 14, 2008
Hello FCB,

I was wondering if you guys could help me verify if this card is authentic. I spoke with a gentleman today that brought this card to my attention and I told him I would post scans on FCB since I knew this community was very knowledgable in the hobby.

He had purchased this card through a private seller and when posting it on ebay, noticed the same card with the same hand numbered serial number. I personally couldn't tell which one was counterfeit so I decided to ask the wonderful people of FCB.

Here are some scans of the card that he was in possesion of.

Here is the card that was online.

can you tell me which card is the real one?

Thanks!

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Considering the auto on the one of top looks absolutely terrible, I would have to say that there is a good chance it's a fake.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
The 2003 Bowman's Best BAT cards were not autographed. They were not serial #ed either. The only possible way that card could be legit is if it was part of the Topps Originals set from 2 years ago.

Pretty darn good chance it's fake, or it was autographed legitimately and someone wrote 2/4 on both of them.

mgar26

Oct 22, 2008
i could be wrong about this, but i dont recall ever seeing ryan howard sign ryan on top and howard underneath. he signs first and last name side by side. not to mention it just plain does not look like his sig.

Bizzle

Dec 14, 2008
thanks guys!

I have to agree that the autograph looked a bit suspicious.

In terms of the card not being produced, He mentioned to me that he thought the card came out of 2007 bowman sterling. It was a buyback card that were inserted 1 per case.

Appreciate all the input! You guys are great!

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Bizzle said:
thanks guys!

I have to agree that the autograph looked a bit suspicious.

In terms of the card not being produced, He mentioned to me that he thought the card came out of 2007 bowman sterling. It was a buyback card that were inserted 1 per case.

Appreciate all the input! You guys are great!

Welcome to FCB! The top one looks really fake. Does not look like Howard's auto AT ALL. The bottom looks like its at least Howard's auto, but I think those buybacks came encased in those Topps Uncirculated holders. Like this:

e51f_1.jpg

And I think they were in 06 Bowman Sterling. Ask him where the holder is.

Latest posts