Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If the deal goes down, who gets traded?

Who gets traded?

• J. Sanchez

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
The Brewers' Asking Price For Corey Hart
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 13, 2010 at 11:13pm CST]
The Brewers asked the Giants for Jonathan Sanchez or Madison Bumgarner in exchange for Corey Hart, according to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle (Twitter link). Giants GM Brian Sabean is understandably hesitant to deal either pitcher.

The Brewers appear willing to deal Hart, though the right fielder has been red-hot since the middle of May. The Giants, Rays, Padres and Braves are among the teams interested in the 28-year-old. Hart has a .288/.349/.569 line with 21 homers this season after a disappointing 2009 campaign. He earns $4.8MM this year and doesn't become a free agent until after 2011.

Sanchez has a 3.47 ERA with 9.0 K/9 and 4.6 BB/9 this season. The Giants control the 27-year-old's rights through 2012. Baseball America ranked Bumgarner second among Giants prospects before the season (after Buster Posey). So far in 2010, the 20-year-old left-hander has started four games and posted a 2.57 ERA.

Thoughts?

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
My thoughts is that Melvin should offer up another lower-level pitching prospect for Bumgarner.

Hart and Scarpetta for Bumgarner

or something along those lines.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
sheetskout said:
My thoughts is that Melvin should offer up another lower-level pitching prospect for Bumgarner.

Hart and Scarpetta for Bumgarner

or something along those lines.
If I were the GM I would move Sanchez over Bumgarner. Sanchez would be a very nice #2 for the Brewers and is still under contract through the 2012 season.

sffanmike25

Aug 21, 2008
Dallas, TX
lisu said:
I hope we don't get Hart. We don't need another John Bowker on the team. Hart can't hit the off-speed pitches.

Not really on board with getting him either. Not at the cost mentioned in the rumors. Plus, I like the current rotation as is. If the Giants really want to find another bat, they should find a team that is open to receiving prospects in return and go that route.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
sffanmike25 said:
lisu said:
I hope we don't get Hart. We don't need another John Bowker on the team. Hart can't hit the off-speed pitches.

Not really on board with getting him either. Not at the cost mentioned in the rumors. Plus, I like the current rotation as is. If the Giants really want to find another bat, they should find a team that is open to receiving prospects in return and go that route.
Or we add a couple more for fielder?

I'll be back (idk today maybe tomorrow) more birthday adventures for me!

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
sheetskout said:
lisu said:

Can't remember John Bowker making two all-star teams. Can you?

Doesn't matter if he's made 2 all star teams. He still can't hit an off-speed pitch. We already got plenty of those on the Giants.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
lisu said:
sheetskout said:
lisu said:

Doesn't matter if he's made 2 all star teams. He still can't hit an off-speed pitch. We already got plenty of those on the Giants.

Umm. Yeah. It does matter. Comparing John Bowker or a John-Bowker-type player to Corey Hart is crazy. The guy is on pace for 38 home runs this season, is hitting around .280, and plays solid corner-outfield defense.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
sheetskout said:
lisu said:
sheetskout said:
lisu said:

Umm. Yeah. It does matter. Comparing John Bowker or a John-Bowker-type player to Corey Hart is crazy. The guy is on pace for 38 home runs this season, is hitting around .280, and plays solid corner-outfield defense.

He might play a solid right field defense in Milwaukee but SF's right field is a whole different story. We'd like the Brewers to keep him for what the Brewers are asking for him is all I'm saying. I'm not saying he's a bad player - just that he's not worth what the Giants would have to give up.