Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What Do You Do When You Finish A Set?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Some of you may or may not know, I have been working on the 04 SP Prospects Auto set for almost 2 years (see sig for progress on the set). I am having a tough time deciding what to do after I eventually finish it. I don't think selling is an option at the moment due to the amount of time and effort I have put into it.

Just wondering what you all do when you finish a set. Display it? Sell it? Put in a box and forget about it? Ect..... Thanks for looking!

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I do a little dance, record it and put it on youtube.

[youtube:1stck8jn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY0xgRA_Sk0[/youtube:1stck8jn]

but seriously, id show it off to everyone on here because im sure a lot of people would like to see it. then store it away and get started on another set. :D

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
moxacaine said:

[youtube:3oe0sw5p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY0xgRA_Sk0[/youtube:3oe0sw5p]

but seriously, id show it off to everyone on here because im sure a lot of people would like to see it. then store it away and get started on another set. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Krusin

Jun 3, 2009
Middle Tennessee
:mrgreen: Frame that bad boy,

just make sure to use the UV holders Pro-Mold makes if it's an auto set, they have 2 types, a 5 year & a 25 year in all thickness sizes.

ntset2.jpg

6-7SPAHKY.jpg

00000plates.jpg

DSCN1538.jpg

GJGframed.jpg

jeremy

Aug 7, 2008
YOU KNOW
moxacaine said:

[youtube:2aucdnje]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY0xgRA_Sk0[/youtube:2aucdnje]

wow gilmore im embarrassed for you

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
Regular cards sets I have started putting them in binders so my son and I can actually look and enjoy them.

p.s - Ultra-pro makes a binder page that holds 4 cards---so on the autos I will topload/team bag and slide them into one of the 4 slot pages. Works great.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
I'd put them in nice cases and in order in a box. From time to time you could go through and look through them.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I start another one. I don't worry about UV protection because I don't bother displaying card sets. As for selling...some sets it might be in your best interest to eventually sell if you decide your enjoyment from them is complete. But personally I wouldn't bother with doing a set for that reason. Most sets you end up putting together are not going to fetch more or even close to what you spent. I know. I spent close to $1500 or so putting together the 2006 Turkey red and red parallel set for baseball and I doubt if I got half that. Most likely I get even less. But I liked the set, it was cool to build and finish off, and I don't intend to sell. Its rare these days that you complete a set and flip it for profit.

Members online

Latest posts