Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ALL STAR GAME lowest ratings EVER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
NEW YORK (AP) -- Major League Baseball's All-Star game has earned its lowest-ever television rating.

The National League's 3-1 victory Tuesday night on Fox earned a 7.5 fast national rating and 13 share. That's down 16 percent from the 8.9/15 for last season's game, a 4-3 win by the AL.

The previous low was an 8.1/14 in 2005.

I also read that the freakin NFL PRO BOWL ratings were much better than MLB All Star game this year. That is the most worthless game played in any sport. I didn't think anybody watched that game.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
It is boring because the managers do not leave the best players on the field. If we went back to the 1941 ASG, Williams and Dimaggio had 8 AB's between them. This game is too soft now a days for anyone to care.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I love baseball...and didn't watch a single out.

To me, it was fun as what it should be...an exhibition. Now that it supposedly "means something" - I don't waste my time.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
200lbhockeyplayer said:
I love baseball...and didn't watch a single out.

To me, it was fun as what it should be...an exhibition. Now that it supposedly "means something" - I don't waste my time.

yeah.. "it really matters" (Bud desperate for attention)
"no... it REALLY,really matters, Im super serial" ::facepalm::

I agree... didnt watch it at all. didnt really give a ****.
youre absolutely right about the ABs... Ichiro only got 2 right? and he was #1 AL OF voted plus the better defender.

if it counts, why is there a United Nations rule in effect?? it ruins the chance for the deserving every year.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
i would love to see the comparison's between lebrons "decision" and the all start games ratings...im betting lebron is way higher, and i agree with the person above....when i see konerko come up with a person on instead of cabrera in the late innings its not worth watching

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
KOBEARODLT said:
i would love to see the comparison's between lebrons "decision" and the all start games ratings...im betting lebron is way higher, and i agree with the person above....when i see konerko come up with a person on instead of cabrera in the late innings its not worth watching

Lebrons decision show I believe was one of highest rated ever shows for ESPN.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
Sport radio in my area say this year pitching have bored the casual fans. Their is not enough offensive action to keep them interest. Like it or not PED during the steroids era created a huge amount of casual fans to watch during the 98 Sosa & BigMac chase to Maris record. Now that HR is dropping casual baseball fans are looking for something else to watch.

olerudfan

Aug 7, 2008
Arizona
I'd imagine the ratings would have been huge had they been able to sneak Strasburg in wether he was deserving or not.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
There were also a lot of players who missed playing the game due to injuries.

Perhaps if heyward was in the starting lineup there may have been a little more interest as well.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Who cares what the ratings are?

And since the WS was determined be HFA, the AL has won 4-3...which is the same ratio their HFA has been since then. It all equals out

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
This All-Star game was a disaster.

First of all, you pick a cast member from Glee to sing the anthem? What baseball loving man watches Glee?

Second, I have never heard of the person singing "God Bless America" come on... you could have had Brad Paisely do it or something...

No fly over? That says a lot about the game

The line-ups probably could have been better, and the Derby could have been WAY better...

Softball game and Futures game were alright

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
TBTwinsFan said:
This All-Star game was a disaster.

First of all, you pick a cast member from Glee to sing the anthem? What baseball loving man watches Glee?

Second, I have never heard of the person singing "God Bless America" come on... you could have had Brad Paisely do it or something...

No fly over? That says a lot about the game

The line-ups probably could have been better, and the Derby could have been WAY better...

Softball game and Futures game were alright

Why not Steve Tyler?

[youtube:82uwd8q1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnhTKHMmxJA[/youtube:82uwd8q1]

(Notice before it starts he goes to kiss his daughter on the lips and does so sucessfully when he is done)

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
donrusscrusademan said:
[youtube:34m9ggjo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo_0UXRY_rY[/youtube:34m9ggjo]

65 million hits

Aerosmith is good. As long as you don't have to see Steven Tyler, or listen to his voice without "enhancments", or well, see him trying to kiss his daughter on the lips. Or watch him feel up the mic and wiggle his fingers around.

"I don't want to miss one kiss" - well he did. MLB Opening Night 2010.

Members online