Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I LOVE My New Scanner!! (Warning Semi-Large scans)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kardkollector46

Aug 7, 2008
Connecticut
After some debate, I finally picked up a new scanner (HP Scanjet G3110) to replace my dinosaur of an all-in-one. After a day of some scanning, I just wanted to say thank you for all who recommended this model as it is the BEST SCANNER I HAVE EVER OWNED!! It scans relatively quickly and scans most cards (golds, blues, sterlings, graded) beautifully:

001.jpg
300dpiOPEN2001.jpg

001-2.jpg
010.jpg
022.jpg

However, I am not a fan of the way the scanner scans Xfractors from 08 chrome back and how certain Elite Base Autos dont look great either. But nevertheless this scanner is amazing and I guess Ill use it as an excuse to post some of my most recent mail. Thanks for the look!!

036.jpg
024.jpg
019.jpg
^^^ X2
018.jpg
^^^ Orange Refractor #/25 (Looks goldish in this pic)
016.jpg
012.jpg
041.jpg
Gold #/100
035.jpg
033.jpg

008.jpg
These were from a PSA submission organized by JVC. Thanks again man!
002-1.jpg
007.jpg

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
If you are using the HP Scanning software, make sure you select "descreen" when scanning your items. It'll help dramatically.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Kardkollector46 said:
Pine Tar said:
Nice but does it work with windows 98 or even 2000
Hmm I believe with 2000 yes but not 98. I used it with Windows 7 and its great!
LOL I kid on the 98 but not on the 2000. I have my printer and scanner on that computer but have(1)XP and (2) windows 7

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
If you have a base 2008 Bowman Sterling Auto, can you please scan it and PM me the pic? If it can make those cards look good, I may be interested. Those and the base 2010 Bowman Chrome are just fugly on every scanner I have seen.

autocut

Kardkollector46 said:
After some debate, I finally picked up a new scanner (HP Scanjet G3110) to replace my dinosaur of an all-in-one. After a day of some scanning, I just wanted to say thank you for all who recommended this model as it is the BEST SCANNER I HAVE EVER OWNED!! It scans relatively quickly and scans most cards (golds, blues, sterlings, graded) beautifully:

That's the one I have and mine doesn't do that well. Maybe because I've had it for a while, but Photoshop fixes the issues.

Kardkollector46

Aug 7, 2008
Connecticut
aaron41984 said:
If you have a base 2008 Bowman Sterling Auto, can you please scan it and PM me the pic? If it can make those cards look good, I may be interested. Those and the base 2010 Bowman Chrome are just fugly on every scanner I have seen.
Sorry Aaron I sold off all my 08 Sterling and 2010 Bowman in lots.

Thanks to everyone for ur comments and suggestions!

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Kardkollector46 said:
Russ S. said:
Very nice.

Did you do any adjusting or fixing in photoshop, or are those straight scanned and posted?

All Ive done is cropped them through the HP software.
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Might just snag one.
How is the software to work with? Pretty easy?
I use Office Picture manager.

Kardkollector46

Aug 7, 2008
Connecticut
Its incredibly simple for me. I use windows 7 so I just downloaded the software (took literally 30 seconds) and plugged the scanner in and presses the scan button on the scanner. Then after scanning the program automatically comes up and cropping is easy as well.

Latest posts