Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gary Carter at Fanfest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I hate Gary Carter. Have for 25 years. Love this. And yes, the recorder is a COMPLETE TOTAL ******, as there are no six year olds that are fans of Gary Carter.

[youtube:eek:62qoyhc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrEQlSdCceA&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:eek:62qoyhc]

More from the cameraman:
[youtube:eek:62qoyhc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX4iqSsqsJ0[/youtube:eek:62qoyhc]
[youtube:eek:62qoyhc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un0Nk9I8zmY[/youtube:eek:62qoyhc]
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26fvi%3D1

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Yeah, the video recording dude is complete tool. So what if your going to show it on you tube. Just makes him look like a freakin *******. If Carter doesn't want to sign pictures not from sponsor. He and people paying him to be there have every right to reject stuff. Be happy your getting a free auto on what ever they are signing. Otherwise take your little video and you tube threats and shove them straight up your candy ass.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
It would have totally been different if it was two 45 year olds and their 70 year old father was videotaping this, but c'mon it's for the kids.

All kidding aside, this video makes both the videographer and Gary Carter look like asses.

Douchy Security Guard FTW!

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
gonzagacubs said:
It would have totally been different if it was two 45 year olds and their 70 year old father was videotaping this, but c'mon it's for the kids.

All kidding aside, this video makes both the videographer and Gary Carter look like asses.

Douchy Security Guard FTW!
Lol right? That dude was the biggest ******* out of em all.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
This guy was a jerk looking for a good video. Maybe Gary Carter was under some sort of contract about signing photos. He was signing auto's for everyone. You may not like Gary Carter, but I don't believe he did anything wrong in this situation.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
this was just someone looking to see if Gary would not sign and he got the money shot. Now someone will get this on some network (calling FOX) and make Gary look like a ****** bag. Sadly this is the world we now live in. No on can just go on with life and except the fact that sometimes you can;t get what you want.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
He signs the pictures anyway after the guy recording makes an idiot of himself. In the second video it clearly states he will sign MLB items for a 25 dollar donation to the Gary Carter Foundation, Yet he dubbed "I wanna get rich"? The guy making it cant clearly read and is a moron. You can also bet that it stated on any paperwork from fan fest that Carter was limiting the nature of the items he would sign. The guy was just hoping to make some epic youtube video and be e-famous. Like the stooge who made the, "What HOF is gonna die next?" thread. Why would you hate Gary Carter also? Strong words for someone you dont know, Other than him playing for a team you did not like. You posted this trying to make him out to be a fool, He signed the pics and only signs certain items for charity. What a complete moron Gary Carter is, Lets sign a petition and have him thrown out of the country for being unamerican.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Marro said:
He signs the pictures anyway after the guy recording makes an idiot of himself. In the second video it clearly states he will sign MLB items for a 25 dollar donation to the Gary Carter Foundation, Yet he dubbed "I wanna get rich"? The guy making it cant clearly read and is a moron. You can also bet that it stated on any paperwork from fan fest that Carter was limiting the nature of the items he would sign. The guy was just hoping to make some epic youtube video and be e-famous. Like the stooge who made the, "What HOF is gonna die next?" thread. Why would you hate Gary Carter also? Strong words for someone you dont know, Other than him playing for a team you did not like. You posted this trying to make him out to be a fool, He signed the pics and only signs certain items for charity. What a complete moron Gary Carter is, Lets sign a petition and have him thrown out of the country for being unamerican.

Carter continually makes an ass out of himself. In 1986 -- and as a 13 year old, I remember this distinctly -- he ******* and moaned and said that only a player on a division winning team should win the MVP (he came in 3rd) -- the Mets won the division, the Phillies came in a diiiiiiiiistant second, and Mike Schmidt won the MVP. Add in all of his constant douchery, begging for the Mets managerial job, being a horrible announcer for the Marlins in the mid 90s, and I just don't like him.

I didn't post this because he's a jerk, I posted this because it was an interesting autograph experience.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I love the logic of hey Gary they are kids. For one what in the world does that matter? secondly they shouldn't care what gets signed, they are kids after all. Thats unless this great parent is forcing his kids to break the rules, Which is what he is making them do as you can hear by him saying "give him the photo" then throwing a fit like a 4 year old in front of them.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
i went to bucky dent's baseball camp when i was 12. gary was almost annoying- he signed way tooooo much.

kidding, but he signed as many items as you wanted the whole day

bigeric

Aug 7, 2008
I don't think Gary Carter is doing anything wrong. The guy is making a big deal about getting his signature on a photo instead of a paper when he's paying nothing and the sponsor probably wants him to sign the paper because he can sign them a lot faster and get more people in. Why would he wait in a long line when there are plenty of other people and its obvious he was looking for this response

I think the 2 ******** are the security guard and the guy taking the video

bigeric

Aug 7, 2008
IndyMann said:
bigeric said:
The security guard was doing his job. People can't do their jobs anymore?
He was first egging him on to keep filming and then made him turn it off

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
bigeric said:
I don't think Gary Carter is doing anything wrong. The guy is making a big deal about getting his signature on a photo instead of a paper when he's paying nothing and the sponsor probably wants him to sign the paper because he can sign them a lot faster and get more people in. Why would he wait in a long line when there are plenty of other people and its obvious he was looking for this response

The video is a big ol bag of epic fail, the point he thought he was making is lost in his feeling of entitlement. Gary Carter works for who pays him, if ford says sign these plastic whiffle balls with ford logos on them thats what he signs. I dont understand this whole entitlement thing going on in the autograph community these days. The man is a millionaire sitting there signing things for you, he can sit at home and still be a millionaire. If you are not paying anything especially shut your face get the stupid thing signed and move on and chalk it up to experience.

In a few years he will be like hey why dont my kids want to do things with me? And all along this video will be a part of it.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
bigeric said:
IndyMann said:
bigeric said:
The security guard was doing his job. People can't do their jobs anymore?
He was first egging him on to keep filming and then made him turn it off
Yeah I get where you're coming from there, but the security guard obviously wasn't going to let him just stand there and film him.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
So basically this guy used his kids as a set-up to make Carter look like an ass? Ah, if only my dad had taught me the useful life lessons that would get me my 15 minutes onto YouTube. :benson: Those kids are going to turn out great.

bigeric

Aug 7, 2008
nyc3 said:
bigeric said:

The video is a big ol bag of epic fail, the point he thought he was making is lost in his feeling of entitlement. Gary Carter works for who pays him, if ford says sign these plastic whiffle balls with ford logos on them thats what he signs. I dont understand this whole entitlement thing going on in the autograph community these days. The man is a millionaire sitting there signing things for you, he can sit at home and still be a millionaire. If you are not paying anything especially shut your face get the stupid thing signed and move on and chalk it up to experience.

In a few years he will be like hey why dont my kids want to do things with me? And all along this video will be a part of it.
I agree completely with you and jlecates and i realize the security guard wasn't being an ******* but just wasn't expecting anyone to do this even though he should have just kicked him out without saying anything

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
nyc3 said:
bigeric said:

Because a large majority of sports fans think they're owed it for going to and watching games. He also taught his kids to have no respect and refer to gary carter as "gary" instead of "Mr. Carter". Like the thread the other day who thought Jeter was just gonna sign his jersey, because he was going to a game. Plus it was free and to some people that means, You are giving me an inch but I want 3 feet. Like this story, I work for large road/utility construction company and when paving roads. We will re do driveway aprons to meet the new grade. One drive ended up having a hump cause of the new grade, We repaved the whole driveway for free. A few days later the woman who lived there ignored the barricades and drove over a bucket of tack. She drug the bucket into her driveway and it puddled up and left a monster stain. She calls the office and threatens to sue the company for ruining her new driveway and we only had three days to fix it. Probably the guy making the videos mom.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
I love the questions he gets in his auctions as he is trying to sell the 2 photos he got from the fanfest! ::facepalm:: :lol:

Latest posts