Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Joey Votto doesn't like the Chicago Cubs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Who cares about this. But in like 3-4 years he will say he loves Chicago and the cubs when they sign him as a free agent.
Anyone in the division says this until they move on.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
hard to like people like this. Kind of a ****** move, but also disappointing the media has blown this out of proportion. I am sure there are plenty of other players in both locker rooms that don't like each other as well.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Votto brings douchebaggery to an all new level LOL
I am a Cards fan hate the cubs but that was a badass play
He deserves his props

Watt

Aug 16, 2008
Cleveland
What a joke of an article. Just because he doesn't like another RIVAL team or the players on it he has no class and is an undeserving all-star. ::facepalm:: I'd rather him hate all the other teams and want to win that much more than not care at all.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Lame article, but still stupid comments from Votto. How about a little professionalism? Or just choosing your words a bit more carefully?

Oh Joey, if you team wins the central, you will be LOVING MARLON BYRD. Couldn't you have just said....Depite Marlon Byrd being on a rival team, I am excited about the game, and the great play that he made?

skrip

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Good for Votto. 2 sides to this non-story.

1. In a time when players are bashed for their lack of loyalty to a team or city (LeBron, FA) this is laughable. You can't have it both ways internet blogger guy.

2. He didn't say anything that couldn't have been tongue in cheek. This blogger has no clue as to the context of the quote. Votto could have been simply joking with the ESPN reporter who first interviewed him. Where do some of the best comedians come from? Canada eh.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Pine Tar said:
Who cares about this. But in like 3-4 years he will say he loves Chicago and the cubs when they sign him as a free agent.

ummm, everyone knows Votto will sign with the Yankees when he comes up for free agency.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I'm a Cubs fan and I hate the Cubs right now.
With that being said, Votto is a DB!
Conratulate a guy on a good play, especially one that may end up benefitting him in the World Series!

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
It was a blog, not news.
What news paper would call an athlete a lame excuse for an All-Star?

and why would he like the Cubs?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
JzWand said:
He admitted it was a cool play, but why should he congratulate the guy?
quote]

Maybe because it was his teammate for the day?

This wasn't taken out of context, I heard the actual interview on espn 1000. Again, I don't really care. But I still think it is silly to say it how he did, and when he did.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
There was another famous redass that played in Cincinnati...

Edit: did something in an AS game we will never see again...

We're too ******* sensitive these days.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
thefatguy said:
There was another famous redass that played in Cincinnati...

Edit: did something in an AS game we will never see again...

We're too *censored* sensitive these days.

Well, I am not surprised, the Reds also have the biggest D-BAG Announcer in all sports. Talk about not having a filter and being completely classless.

Members online