Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Strasburg Ginter Mini Wood Pulled ?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I went to my local shop today and the owners were telling me that somebody pulled the card from their shop.

Has anybody else heard about this card being pulled yet?

I am working on getting more information about when and who it was, assuming that it was pulled there.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Thats what I thought too, and I even brought that up in conversation...but I am not one to agrue, i just listened and wanted to address the board. With all the knowledge available here, I figured I would find an answer.

I asked if maybe he pulled a different wood mini of another Nationals player...they said it was Strasburg.

17ROCKIES12 said:
I thought it didn't exist...

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Seems pretty clear cut that if a shop owner is telling you that it was pulled, then it was pulled. As a shop owner, he clearly should know what an A&G card is, and the difference between a base mini and a wood. So, the only 2 options I can think of is that...

A. It was pulled and does exist.
B. He was lying/kidding.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
matfanofold said:
Seems pretty clear cut that if a shop owner is telling you that it was pulled, then it was pulled. As a shop owner, he clearly should know what an A&G card is, and the difference between a base mini and a wood. So, the only 2 options I can think of is that...

B. He was lying.
B.He was bullshitting

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
hofmichael said:
matfanofold said:

B. He was lying.
B.He was bullshitting

Lol, edited my post to make it more complete. :)

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
jumbojohnny said:
I went to my local shop today and the owners were telling me that somebody pulled the card from their shop.

I am working on getting more information about when and who it was, assuming that it was pulled there.

What shop where?

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Always cool hearing wild stories being told at LCS. Topps has said Cashburg has nothing besides a base mini card. No plates, 1/1, bazooka ect.

If one does exist, that card would sell for mega $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, and your local Hobby dealer would make big news reporting this.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Gilmore and MasonP should be working this story asap. Could be huge news and great pub for FCB site. If they can get exclusive intel and photos of the card on this site.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
The only thing I can think of it that a customer pulled it at home, thought it was a wood and called the shop to let them know. And the LCS owner may not know the wood does not exist and just reported what he was told. Or.... There is a wood, and it was pulled. We NEED more info asap!

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
matchpenalty said:
Gilmore and MasonP should be working this story asap. Could be huge news and great pub for FCB site. If they can get exclusive intel and photos of the card on this site.
I just booked them both flights to go see this first hand.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
First Base in Wallingford, CT

I have been shopping here for years, and I would NEVER suspect either owner lying to me. Thats why I believe it may have been a different player.

rico08 said:
jumbojohnny said:

What shop where?

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
seems to lie about something like that knowing a card like that is why people have been buying A&G just to pull anything with the words strasburg on it

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
hofmichael said:
matchpenalty said:

Gilmore and MP your breaking news card leaders. They should just run with the story right now. :shock:

Jumbojohnny and First BASE cardshop owner exclusive interviews only found on FCB.

HEADLINE STRAS WOOD FOUND only on FCB with the breaking story ::facepalm::

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
colts1888 said:
seems to lie about something like that knowing a card like that is why people have been buying A&G just to pull anything with the words strasburg on it

Topps said Stras had no parallels in A&G.

Either:
a) Topps is lying
b) the shop owner is lying
c) the person who pulled it is lying
d) the OP is lying

Or any combination of the above.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
matchpenalty said:
hofmichael said:
matchpenalty said:

Gilmore and MP your breaking news card leaders. They should just run with the story right now. :shock:

Jumbojohnny and First BASE cardshop owner exclusive interviews only found on FCB.
Have you started the friday night festivities early this week?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
matfanofold said:
The only thing I can think of it that a customer pulled it at home, thought it was a wood and called the shop to let them know. And the LCS owner may not know the wood does not exist and just reported what he was told. Or.... There is a wood, and it was pulled. We NEED more info asap!
I pull my wood at home all the time. But I surely don't call anyone and tell anyone about it. :D

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
What would I have to gain by lying about this? Thats a dick remark. I have stated myself that I believe it was a different player and that this is a mix up.

rico08 said:
colts1888 said:

Topps said Stras had no parallels in A&G.

Either:
a) Topps is lying
b) the shop owner is lying
c) the person who pulled it is lying
d) the OP is lying

Or any combination of the above.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Pine Tar said:
matfanofold said:
I pull my wood at home all the time. But I surely don't call anyone and tel them about it. :D
I usually do it when someone calls me.I hate talking on the phone so it passes the time.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
hofmichael said:
Pine Tar said:
matfanofold said:
I pull my wood at home all the time. But I surely don't call anyone and tel them about it. :D
I usually do it when someone calls me.I hate talking on the phone so it passes the time.
:lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts