Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will it grade question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
First of all just for discussion. Not targeting anyone.

There seems to be a growing number of "buyers" on every message board that are asking the question "is it grade worthy" when they get a good offer. Every card is gradeable, but not all are gem mint which is what they really want to know. My interpretation: " sell me your raw gem mint cards at a deal so I can get them graded and triple my investment." I do grade but not a huge amount. For instance take strasburg chromes. some were just awful when it came down to centering so a scan was necessary. Personally I don't buy raw cards expecting them to be gem mint, but it is nice when I do.

I understand paying less than ebay buyers because of fees, but this line of reasoning i am taken aback by. Just asking for a not as described chargeback. I describe imperfections of any card i sell that are not picked up on scan. I simply move on and say no thanks when this is asked.

Good selling guys.

piggy1918

Jul 31, 2009
Yeah I have been on both sides of this question, though when I ask it is more of a "are there any obvious flaws because you are too lazy to give me a scan" question. I don't expect someone to break down the grading, but if I am buying without a scan I'll ask about centering, because as you said 2010 Chrome can be atrocious.

asmth312

Jan 17, 2009
I couldn't agree more. I should respond to every inquiry with "are you actually interested in this card, or are you just looking to buy something for far less than it is worth?"

It is beyond obnoxious to me to feel like someone is trying to pull a sly one, asking for an assurance that a card will gem. Can you ask questions to ensure that the card is in adequate condition, especially if there is no scan? Absolutely. But don't waste my time going back and forth on a card only to say "centering looks 55-45 to me, I'll pass" or "youre only willing to rate the edges as mint? No thanks."

Members online

Latest posts