Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Block Ebayer cyberbully

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
Been selling on EBay for over 6 years and never had to deal with one of these guys. Relatively new buyer who is true to his name...hit two Buy It Nows and paid. Then sent threatening messages saying if the cards are not in perfect condition (centering, corners, etc) he will be filing negative feedback. I offered to provide a high quality scan which he refused and stuck to his "cards better be perfect or else".

With a handle like "cyberbully" I wish I would have had an oppertunity to block him...any way I can protect myself here from him filing a chargeback over two cards I feel are in good shape and keep my feedback at 100%?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Jessi Slaughter getting back at the meanies on the internet?

You better have your dad report the eBayer to the cyber-police! :lol:

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
I should add that I have not yet sent the cards, buyer paid last night...should i refund and keep em? I'm assuming he'll just drop a neg but these are easy enough to re-sell.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
notoriousrmb said:
I should add that I have not yet sent the cards, buyer paid last night...should i refund and keep em? I'm assuming he'll just drop a neg but these are easy enough to re-sell.

Are you saying there are condition issues that you didn't disclose in the auction?

Ant

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
aminors said:
notoriousrmb said:

Are you saying there are condition issues that you didn't disclose in the auction?

Ant

I think he's just saying the guy seems very picky and he's trying to head off any issues.

Buyer seems like one of those guys who should be buying Gem Mint graded cards off the bat, instead of getting them cheaper and trying to grade.

To the OP, as long as you have clear scans and didn't claim any grade in the auction, I would think that you would be ok. But with paypal siding heavily with the buyer anymore, you could be SOL if he files anything.

Do you have a link to the auctions?

stu

Jan 24, 2010
I wish I could remember the thread about two weeks ago that someone had issues with a buyer. The language dropped in his feedback are exactly like this guy's. That buyer was buying used jerseys and dropping negatives for unlisted stains or holes and demanding refunds without shipping back the jersey.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I should send him an e-mail and say, "hey I love the ebay name, oh yeah and welcome to my blocked list sunshine" :lol:
Sorry to hear you may have some trouble with this buyer, but hey he is atleast warning you before hand. ;)

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Personally, I would refund the money and move on.

I'd email him with..

"Thank you for your initial interest, but your subsiquent emails demanding perfection in a threatening manner has put me off from dealing with you now, and in the future."

If and when a neg is left, contact ebay and explain the situation. But worse comes to worse, atleast you did not have to deal with that guy.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
matfanofold said:
Personally, I would refund the money and move on.

I'd email him with..

"Thank you for your initial interest, but your subsiquent emails demanding perfection in a threatening manner has put me off from dealing with you now, and in the future."

If and when a neg is left, contact ebay and explain the situation. But worse comes to worse, atleast you did not have to deal with that guy.

Agreed, some things are just not worth the hassle.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
aminors said:
notoriousrmb said:

Ant

There are no condition issues with these cards, all have sharp corners, look to be in good shape. I'm no grader but it seems as if this guy wants to be...I did not put any language as to the condition of the cards in the auction either and offered to supply him with a high rez scan. He declined and threatened neg feedback if the centering wasn't perfect.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
As expected he left negative feedback - oh well no one stays at 100% forever. I refunded his money and told him he wasn't worth dealing with. Tried to go through EBay first to get help with him but they of course did nothing to help. If you haven't blocked him yet might as well now - name was Shane from Ohio so not sure if anyone knows if he has an alias.

Members online

Latest posts